Where does your MS3 live for winter?

Well my car sat through the entire storm in my driveway and only got about 5 inches (just an eyeball estimate). But if you ask me that's 5 inches too much.

We barely got the heavy snow but we did and it was horrendus out. I had a guy in a 2009 wrx ask if I need help while I was digging out my car trying to move it in my driveway and I told him we could trade vehicles for the day...to which he gave me a big s*** eating grin.

no s***. The only reason the rear has *some* snow missing is because I started digging it out.

4199182640_078b7604c0_b.jpg
THAT IS AWESOME!! Man I'm jealous of you NE guys. Sure that much snow is a pain in the ass, but the way I see it, if you have to live in the north for winters it's best to have a ton of beautiful snow to play in all winter. I went to school in the U.P. so I got used to it for a few years, but here in SE Michigan we get mostly slush and horrible salty dirty mud/snow for most of the season. That is horrible winter weather, not 2 feet of glorious snow. :)

snowspeed3.gif

anyone want to come and dig it out for me?

oh and its got worse since i took the last pic, Mr plow decided it a good idea to clear the parkinglot by piling all the snow INFRONT of our cars... thanks.(argh)
Uhoh, I see stock wheels... Still have the summer tires on? (hah)

That's a cool graphic though, fun to watch it pile up.

Last edited:
Mine gets driven daily, but parks in the garage at night. Have to contend with snow, slush, salt, and other cars flinging all of the above onto it.

In fact, today, a truck got on the freeway with ice apparently still on top of the trailer. As the first few pieces flew towards me, I thought it was just soft snow. *CLUNK*. Oh crap....

so how those stock wheels like in the snow and ice?
They're fine. I don't see why everyone warns about having a smaller wheel and skinnier tire. The stock size snows are just fine (and the roads here are pretty chewed up). I love the grip you get with a studless snow and ice tire. I can boost in 2nd gear with DSC off and the car won't spin the wheels in snow. I couldn't even coax the car loose the other day. Sticks like glue.

They're fine. I don't see why everyone warns about having a smaller wheel and skinnier tire. The stock size snows are just fine (and the roads here are pretty chewed up). I love the grip you get with a studless snow and ice tire. I can boost in 2nd gear with DSC off and the car won't spin the wheels in snow. I couldn't even coax the car loose the other day. Sticks like glue.

The unfortunate thing is when the snow/ice melt the bare roads are going to wear those snow tires out in a hurry. I went with an all season tire for the winter months considering it's only a VERY small percentage when the tires are actually in contact with snow and ice.

The unfortunate thing is when the snow/ice melt the bare roads are going to wear those snow tires out in a hurry. I went with an all season tire for the winter months considering it's only a VERY small percentage when the tires are actually in contact with snow and ice.

i agree, but the blizzaks, while snow/ice tires will last a good 5-6 seasons (go on Nov-March) as long as you dont do any "spirited driving" on dry roads. This is my 2nd season with them and tread wear is almost non existant.

i live in jerzy and we got like 2ft of snow this Saturday and all i can say is my all season tires suck in snow! next year im getting winter tires!!!!!!!!!!!

I average around 8,500 miles a year... and like, 5,500 of those at least are between April and October. So I'm not worried about that. I got them for cheap and it is worth the cost and even the advanced treadwear (which I don't even see with spirited driving in dry, cold roads) for the outstanding stability and traction these tires provide in the slippery stuff.

Al Natural

The Great Outdoors in Wisconsin, can't beate it, easy to heat, no birds crapping all over or mice damage to speak of, wax job last a long time!(NO UV expouser).

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    516.5 KB · Views: 176

Boyz gotss those mad Kane county Skillzz

Back