Where do You Stow Your Emergency Gear?

Without a closed trunk in the 5 - I've found I needed to be creative to find a space to store my emergency tools (a couple of screwdrivers, wrenches. booster cables, flares etc.) I discovered the empty space inside the spare doughnut & fit most of my stuff in there. I wrapped the tools in some rags to keep them from scratching up the steel of the doughnut. The flares I put in the thin, flat under floor storage area with the jack tools. (My concern is if I was hit from the back, the flares could be an ignition source for the gas tank - or anything in the car for that matter. Thinking of getting something electronic instead - but I digress.) I put my 8"x8x3" First Aid kit in the passenger side tailgate covered storage area. I bought one of those trunk organizer things designed to hold grocery bags upright - to put my fire extinguisher, upholstery cleaner, ArmorAll, glass cleaner & a roll of paper towel.

Anybody have a better way or suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

I put the Mazda emergency kit in the second row seat, underneath the bottom cushion. Baby wipes, towels, and cleaning agent under the trunk floor area.

Without a closed trunk in the 5 - I've found I needed to be creative to find a space to store my emergency tools (a couple of screwdrivers, wrenches. booster cables, flares etc.) I discovered the empty space inside the spare doughnut & fit most of my stuff in there. I wrapped the tools in some rags to keep them from scratching up the steel of the doughnut. The flares I put in the thin, flat under floor storage area with the jack tools. (My concern is if I was hit from the back, the flares could be an ignition source for the gas tank - or anything in the car for that matter. Thinking of getting something electronic instead - but I digress.) I put my 8"x8x3" First Aid kit in the passenger side tailgate covered storage area. I bought one of those trunk organizer things designed to hold grocery bags upright - to put my fire extinguisher, upholstery cleaner, ArmorAll, glass cleaner & a roll of paper towel.

Anybody have a better way or suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

I hate to say it, but all my gear is still in the milk crate on the garage shelf. I was used to having to tote around antifreeze/oil/trans fluid/brake fluid because of my leaky old beaters that I'm enjoying having a car that starts every time, and doesn't puke fluid all over when I park it. I know I should put the stuff back in the car, so I'll be watching this spot for some good ideas.

I hate to say it, but all my gear is still in the milk crate on the garage shelf. I was used to having to tote around antifreeze/oil/trans fluid/brake fluid because of my leaky old beaters that I'm enjoying having a car that starts every time, and doesn't puke fluid all over when I park it. I know I should put the stuff back in the car, so I'll be watching this spot for some good ideas.

(lol)

I did the same and used the spare tire compartment and an area on the drivers side in the back. There is also a small storage are on the passengers side.

emergency gear? i keep a screwdriver and jumper cables in my ride. All i really needs is my two cellphones and a AAA card. I use my glove comartment for CD's and other junk, and the under seat stroage is used by my daughters.

Wuster-
Thanks for bothering to check. After some time spent on internet research - I bought three TurboFlare 360's - $13.13/each (most places seemed to get $20.) I'll try to check in when I get them and test them out.

Latest posts

Back