Wheel Vibration

mightyray

:
03 MSP Protege Black Mica
My wheel vibrates at higher speeds. I just got my wheels checked out and they are all balanced and unbent. What else might it be? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this one?

It's your bearing. Jack it up and give the problem wheel a wiggle. You should notice it is not snug.

It's your bearing. Jack it up and give the problem wheel a wiggle. You should notice it is not snug.

I don't know which wheel is the problem wheel? Are you saying I need to replace the wheel bearing on the wheel that wiggles?

It is most likely the wheel bearing. If your steering wheel shakes at freeway speeds then it is most likely one of your front wheels. Jack it up and try each one. You will want to replace both (left and right) bearings at the same time. It is not an urgent problem; however, you will want to replace them within the next couple thousand kilometers because it will get worse and over time your rotor on the problem wheel will wear and you will hear it wearing.

i agree with the people sayin wheel bearing and rotor i think i have this problem also stupid wheel bearings so expensive for labour though

Could also be an alignment problem. When was the last time you had a wheel alignment done?

So I pushed and pulled on all tires and there was no play. However as I spun each one I noticed my left rear tire made a squeal every rotation and was a little harder to spin than the others. Does this confirm that it is a wheel bearing?

Yeah, and you should hear road noise really badly when your driving..almost like you have 33" mud slingers under you

My wheel bearings didn't make noise until they got real bad. If your steering wheel is shaking it should be your fronts that are bad. Although they might all be.

i just cant see it being a wheel bearing my stearing wheel shakes only certian times. its been like that over a year.

Mine did it for over two before I started hearing the noise when I turned. Changed out the bearings and no more shake.

ill test it out just for the hell of it if it doesnt work then oh well i have new wheel bearings.

Back