whats the legal tire sizes for MP5???

Togan

My Blueberry Pie P5
Contributor
:
2010 M3 GT SPORT
Ok I picked the rims, now im getting 215/40 17s Toyo proxies 4 tires, but a relative of mine told me this story:

he has a buick regal 1992 here in BC canada, and he wanted to get thicker tires at costco but the technician refused to install any larger. when my relative insisted he said that he couldnt because that would exceed the legal tire size limit and would increase the insurance fees for my relative.. so does 215/ 4 fit the legal limits for this kinda car?

sick tires, check out the Double V action in the middle ehh ;) apparently its the best for wet traction..
http://www.1010tires.com/images/tires/Toyo/toyo_proxes4_lg.jpg

i've never heard of such a thing. besides, 215/40R17s are very close to stock diameter. that's what i have

Tire size calculator

This will tell you how big a difference there is between sizes. I've never heard of legal size limitations, but I'm 'mericn, I have no idea of the laws up in Canukistan.

According to Dunlop:

Dunlop SP Sport 5000 M 195/50VR16: 23.7" Diameter

According to Toyo:

Toyo Proxes 4 215/40ZR17: 23.9" Diameter

You will have a slight difference but not enough that you would care. Your speedo would read 60mph when you are actually going 61...just a rough guess.

there is no such thing here as an illegal tire size. The mechanic can refure to put the tires on if he deems it unsafe or not proper.

215/40R17 is what I run as well, might even go up to 215/45R17 next time i need tires.

Matt

I work for discount tire. you can put whatever you want on you vechicle as long as its D.O.T approved which mostly all tires are except for drag radials

Back