What's next

flipmode815

:
mazda, mp3, #908
I have $700 to put into my car and am thinking of doing the intake mani or throttle bodie, What would be the best way to go with the mods I have now?

catback exh
catless midpipe
obx header
CAI

Or should I do something different?

zentrandi said:
how does that help with NA? with minimal upgrades?

I guess it'll just let you get the most out of future upgrades?

What is the difference between the microtech units and the units all the MSP people use (haltech, MPI, etc)? I'm a n00b when it comes to this sort of thing, I have no experience with it at all.

after mine listed upgrades (see sig) i would like to to a little bit more. but not far enough to get the cams and adj gears. i do want the single cast manifold from Protegegarage but i dont have that kind of cash 350 good lord.

there's minimal difference with the MT units. they have their good points that others dont have and they dont have good things other units have.

but the main reason to get an MT is a few NA ppl with mods are running them. the experience and knowledge is out there ready to be tapped.

and yes, you will gain power with MT even with minimal mods.

twilightprotege said:
there's minimal difference with the MT units. they have their good points that others dont have and they dont have good things other units have.

but the main reason to get an MT is a few NA ppl with mods are running them. the experience and knowledge is out there ready to be tapped.

and yes, you will gain power with MT even with minimal mods.

So the reason to go with the MT is just that there are people here who are NA and have it? Other than that, is it basically much like the haltech and whatever other ones people run with their turbos?

I ask because I don't know if I'm going to stay NA. I already have a header, a catback exhaust, a CAI, UDP, FS-ZE intake cam, midpipe on the way, and a couple other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. I'd probably take off the UDP if I went turbo but I'd likely leave the FS-ZE intake cam unless it would be a big no-no, just because it's a pain to do and I don't have time to do it again. If I were to buy any sort of EMS I'd have to get one that would be good for both in case I go turbo.

there are quite a number of turbo members with MT.

personally i like the MT (otherwise why would i have it). very easy to tune and a few cool features (like cutting off injectors when you're, for example, rolling downhill in gear to save fuel)

threadjack

I grew up in sydney =)

/threadjack

i'll probably change internals or get the intake mani before i go MT

Back