what transaxle do I have (I've thread searched for 2 days)

zoompastu

:
2003 MP5 2.0 2000 ES 1.8
I bought a 2000 ES in arizona but the car came frome british columbia and is canadian spec with the 1.8 fp-de motor. What Transaxel do i have?? the 1.8L here in the states has a F25mr but what was it in canada? The header on the 2.0l fit the 1.8 but the egrs are different and needs a coupler. mine had the 2.0 egr. And I think that I heard that the trans mounts and stuff are different. I was able to put on the AWR mounts.....so Is it posible that I have a 1.8L fp-de with the G15MR on it? The only difference between the FS & FP phisicly is rod length.
What do you guys have in canada? I Want to upgrade soon.

OR...dose any one know where the Tranny Code is stamped on the gearbox. I can find out whats what with that info.

One more thing.. What are the gear ratios of the F25MR and G15MR ...thanks

well i searched outside of the fourums and found what i needed to know in 5 minuets. f25mr is what's in it.

The only difference between the FS & FP phisicly is rod length.
The difference between the 1.8L and 2.0L extend further than just rod legnth , nearly every aspect, from crank shaft to valve train to cams are different in some way compared to the 2.0L. Only externally do they seem to be the same. It's sad, but as you modify your 1.8L you'll find out the hard way (as I did) that the 99-00's, espically the ES models always look the same, but there's always something minor that inhibits you from using products ment for the 01-03 cars in your 1.8L . A good example comes to mind, I ordered front sway bar links from ken a week ago and had to send them right back because my 2000 1.8L es's front swaybar links are 3 inches longer than the sway bar links of the 01-03 cars. Right now I'm trying to find out if I would need to replace the whole suspension or just the sway bar (or both..) in order to use the AWR links.

Last edited:
Back