What To Do First..??

Engel

:
2002.5 Yellow P5
Ok, so since I'm currently employed at 3 different businesses and it is holiday season (1 job I get commission, 1 is minimal hours, 1 $10 an hour) I see no reason why I shouldn't take some of this extra cash and play with it. :) And of course you all understand because you are just as obsessed with this nonsense as I am.

1st option - put a 15" flat screen (DVD player) in mounted on tracks in the headliner so I can flip it down or leave it flush mounted in the ceiling (tracks will be custom made by Paul 'cause he's cool like that) just because I really wanna be able to drive out to the middle of nowhere and watch a movie by myself sometimes, and this you won't be able to see just by looking in the car.

2nd option - Airbags. I want switches, B-tches! Yeah, I know kinda flamboyant, but I had air shocks on my '66 and can't get over the novelty of jacking your car around to sit at different heights and stuff.

Bonus to either one of these is that I can get the materials for $500 each, Paul working at the stereo shop and my friends dad owns Les Schwab here locally so I can get the hook-up on stuff that way.

Help me out! I'm thinking DVD player first, but I dunno......it all sounds fun
If you have either of these I would appreciate the input
Thanks!

I say airbags. I personally am not a big fan of them....but damn, they're cool in action!!!

Cool, so far everyone wants the airbags, I was thinking that I would get a resounding "Don't Do It!" on that, so this response has suprised me somewhat. Cool though, just have to wait and get them ordered, and I have to *hopefully* find some peeps in Canadia to help me out, I figure since Sean has them already he would be the man to talk to, it's just a matter of getting a hold of him. I really hope to be able to go up there in the spring and get the work done :)
More comments and input still welcome,
Thanks guys!
D

personally i'd go with the screen on track, thats pretty sweet s***.

secondly, id do the airbags. i think the fact of changing ride height at a whim is pretty cool, just most people do that stupid drop and drag s*** and make pretty sparks with the skid plates. wowowow.

Ok Ok...soooo...this paycheck I'm going to buy my screen! I just have to pick one out, and then I can get this project rolling.
Still trying to research and work out some shady areas about baggin' it, seems like it may just be less of a hassle to put a turbo on!! (cool)
I'm definatly going to write up a how-to/how-I-did-it on this one, and keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for all your comments!
D

abt the bags talk to paul (bigwoofer) find out how he did his........ we could have another yellow p5 rolling around the NW. i say do the screen first though because that sounds more interesting to me. after that go turbo........ paul started with the bags and got rid of dem for da boost...........so why not just go turbo to begin with
rob

if i remember correctly -- he didnt want to get rid of the AIR -- but had too so he could boost ( i think he was told one or the other and not both ) lol :)

yes, well I'm working on some things in my head and I think that I might just forget bags and spring for the turbo instead. We'll have to see. It seems like for all the work/install and hassle it'll be to put bags on, I might as well spend a few extra bucks for the big mod I've been drooling over ever since Paul got into this club and then once I bought my car.
Besides, I think the license plate Boosted is still open in WA.
The screen thing is happening regardless...and I might be getting some new Konig wheels in a couple of days.....It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..!

Back