What MS3 do I have?

Derek88

So apparently there are only 5000 MS3s that are being imported. I want to know what number mine is (1750/5000... etc). Is there a way that I can tell that? I work for VW and the Special edition cars such as the new R32, and the Fahrenheit GTI/GLI have their number plate on the steering wheel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Im pretty sure there is no way to tell what # we have.Someone said before you could call you dealer and ask them but I dont know if that is true.

Wow it's been a long while since we discussed the production number for our specific vehicles.

Here is the long thread that hits every angle of the debate:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123660943&highlight=vin

Some believe that the last xx numbers of your VIN is your production number in sequence... while others believe it involves re-ordering the last xx numbers of your VIN. Unfortunately none of the math adds up while comparing known VIN and build dates.

I don't recall if anyone was able to fully figure it out from VIN alone, but I think a few people were able to call Mazda directly and have them look up the VIN for them. That seems to be the only sure way that I know of.

Attached to the carpet in my passenger side floorboard up against the sill is a plastic plate that says "frame number" with some Japanese symbols below. Does this have anything to do with production number?

Attached to the carpet in my passenger side floorboard up against the sill is a plastic plate that says "frame number" with some Japanese symbols below. Does this have anything to do with production number?

oooo, that actually might!!!! now, try and figure out what the japanese symbols are!!! (wiggle)

i thought it was 5000 of them originally, now with the 2008 model i think there will be more. Kinda spoils the fun of it all don’t you think.

Spoils the fun a bit, yes, but I think they just wanted to make sure they all sold.

"There's only going to be 5000! Hurry now and get one because they're basically all sold! HURRY! NOW!"

Then this year they let us know there's another model year planned, so that everyone else can get one. I would have waited, but I've had so much fun driving mine the past 6 months that I don't care.

Just talked to Mazda and was told that the 07 Speed3 was a limited release not a limited production. So no production numbers. Sorry, I was hoping for a number.

as far as i knew there was 24,000 being made world wide....the US was supposed to get 5,000 speed 3's each year, thus being 10,000 in the US total at the end of '08...could be wrong but that's what i've been told at the dealership....that sucks there's no way to find out which one our cars our... :(

semi related to this thread, sry
hey importgirl... i have a quick question.
i remember you saying that there was going to be no 2009 ms3. only a two year run like all other speeds. well i just learned all mazda3s will get a new model in 2010, so with all 5000 sold in 07 and 08, do you think it is at all possible there will be 5000 more in 2009 because they are very popular?

I thought it was going to be 8,000 models for 2008?

Crystalmeth: all mazda3s being produced every year doesn't mean the speed3 will follow up. I for one am hoping they will stop after 2008.

Back