what kind of damage may i have caused

djdanny5000

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Retired: 2002 Protege 5
ok well today i was a big dumbass i already know this so please steer clear from calling me one and just give me answers please

ok, well i decided to take a turn today at 40mph and during the turn i hit the e-brake lots of fun till the car decided to go over a curb. i went up the curb and my rim got scuffed up and scrathed but it doesnt look bent to me also my alignment got screwed up my steering wheel now sits kinda like this / instead of like this | so im wondering if you guys have any suggestions to what i may have damaged if i did damage anything or if i just need to get my tires realigned now

It sounds like you hit the front wheels on the curb due to the skewed steering wheel. Get your vehicle on a lift and check out the tie rods, lower control arms etc. Hitting the curb at that pace more than likely bent something. Good luck.

Batman said:
It sounds like you hit the front wheels on the curb due to the skewed steering wheel. Get your vehicle on a lift and check out the tie rods, lower control arms etc. Hitting the curb at that pace more than likely bent something. Good luck.
ok thanks guys im gonna go get it aligned and then im gonna have my bro take it to work and lift it up and take a look at it anyone else have any other suggestions

Get the suspension and steering checked BEFORE you get an alinment. Your more then likely to burn money on the alignment cause your gonna need something replaced and a new alignment after that.

the first winter i had my P5 i slipped on the ice in a corner and took front left wheel up on a curb. doing it at like, 15 mph bent the lower control arm, so def. get that checked

MikeAwesome42 said:
the first winter i had my P5 i slipped on the ice in a corner and took front left wheel up on a curb. doing it at like, 15 mph bent the lower control arm, so def. get that checked
damn ok will definately check asap ill have to call my bro at work and see when hes not busy thanks alot for all the suggestions guys also woot woot 200 posts go me

Go underneath, and check with a flashlight. Might see whiny black where bracked that held tierods got moved. I hydroplanes my VW beetle once. Bent the whole right and side of the suspension. Could easily tell I bent stuff, as brackets had shifted.

sounds like you pretty much figured out what u need to do.. but im just curious. why did you pull the ebrake half way in the turn?? were you gonna hit the curve already so pulled the ebake to try and slide out your rear to line it back up or were you just trying to drift the turn?

overdrivex said:
sounds like you pretty much figured out what u need to do.. but im just curious. why did you pull the ebrake half way in the turn?? were you gonna hit the curve already so pulled the ebake to try and slide out your rear to line it back up or were you just trying to drift the turn?
felt like having some fun and wanted to drift the turn guess i need to learn how to drive before i do that again though actually im never gonna do that again unless its a wide open closed course ofcourse

dumbass.....just kidding just kidding!!!

Um, you might want to PM aMaff, and see what he's done about his. I think he slid into a curb recently too. I think his damage might be worse tho, since he didn't get a chance to slow down before hitting the curb.

.paul said:
dumbass.....just kidding just kidding!!!

Um, you might want to PM aMaff, and see what he's done about his. I think he slid into a curb recently too. I think his damage might be worse tho, since he didn't get a chance to slow down before hitting the curb.
lol ahole just kidding just kdding!!!! no seriuosly though i started laughing when io saw you call me a dumbass infact im still laughing as im typing this up because it is so TRUE i am a DUMBASS (smash)

I am just glad you admitted it in the first post, so people did nto feel the need to rub it in too much. I hope you get your ride fixed!

ok when i look under my car and if the tie rods and/or lower control arm are damaged about how much am i looking at to fix all this

If you wanna see mine, click the link in my sig. Basically a wreck/repair blog at this point lol. Anyway, total damage for mine was right arnd $3000. That's because the dealership's doing the work (I'm a full time student and just plain don't have the time or the tools needed for the repair). Total parts was just shy of $1700, using mazda oem parts, but got dealer discount (not from my dealership lol, but still). I think I listed everything that broke on there, I don't feel like lookin through 4 pages of it right now tho lol. Lemme know if you've got any Q's, and I'll help where I can.

well mine doesnt look as bad as amaff the wheel isnt pushed back touching the body like that ill see if i can take some pictures

I hope for your sake it's not. But ya, jack the car up and get some pics of the damaged corner and lets see what u've got

well i took some pics without the car jacked up let me know if you guys can see anything from the pics i took

Attachments

• DSCN0594.JPG
    DSCN0594.JPG
    642.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0598.JPG
    DSCN0598.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN0599.JPG
    DSCN0599.JPG
    415.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0600.JPG
    DSCN0600.JPG