what is this sensor?

DiS

In Soviet Russia...
Contributor
:
2016 Subaru WRX Crystal White Pearl
hey guys. Got a question. I got a dillema. Can anybody tell me what is this sensor? Look at the photo. I have an oil take-off fitting with stock oil pressure sensor (center), aftermarket oil pressure sender unit (on the left) and turbo feed oil line (on the right, only connector is seen). Above all of this there's a some sort of sensor with a wire going to it. I think im leaking oil out of it. (it's circled in red). Is this the oil pressure switch?

For about a month now, from time to time when I come to a stopped position, I get a wiff of oil. This can be after car is driven normally or in boost. I figured it would be the teflon tape wearing off of the threads on the oil take-off fitting, but it is fine. No oil residue. There is oil residue dripping on the turbo feed line from that sensor (or whatever it is) above the fitting. The center of that sensor feels spungy (plastic melted?).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

link of the photo
http://www.msprotege.com/members/DiS/2.JPG

Here's a thought. Could that be the knock sensor?

Thanks man. Do you know how exactly is it seated? Is it in the oil channel? If that's the case, then I found my oil leak...

That I know is just sitting on an Empty hole where only hear and detects Knock. You dont suppouse to have oil in there, or the sensor have been placed on a wrong location..

That I know is just sitting on an Empty hole where only hear and detects Knock. You dont suppouse to have oil in there, or the sensor have been placed on a wrong location..

Cool thanks man. That's what I needed to hear. Much appreciated!

Back