What injectors fit our fuel rails??

azian6er

Asian Law Student
:
Mazda Speed Protege #987
Just curious if anyone knows what injectors fit our fuel rails. I have heard second generation rx-7 ones will fit.

Also turboge said something about wrx injectors looking similar.

Rc engineering|??

What are the best injectors to go with if i plan to run 300 hp at the wheels?

Preferably injectors that will need no modification to the stock fuel rails would be nice.

What does everyone know about the rc injectors? Will they fit without modification?

Just curious because my car is comming back together and i want to be able to run more than 8 psi . I have a standalne unit so controlling them shouldnt be an issue.

-B

MP3skaterNC said:
the fc ones fit, they're in my car now. you need to use some washers to make a spacer though.

what type of fc injectors? 460 cc what year rx-7 (turbo II?) Can you give me all the info as to which kind they are because i dont want to have to spend 400 bucks on some rc's that wont work right.

Also, the fc injectors, are they low impedence? Our proteges are low too arent they?

I have a haltech e6x so i guess i will be able to manage these injectors with the e6x.

What size washers did you need? How many?

Sorry i am asking so many questions!

-B

bump....

will these work?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

48_1.jpg

-B

Hey Guys,

We are doing some "injector studies" right now to develop the right injectors for the stock fuel rail. Although the RX-7 injectors fit, the Protege has a distinctly different intake runner pattern. Mazda developed injectors with a special spray pattern to work with this runner setup. This is why there are two green and two purple injectors from the factory (different spray pattern for right and left). We are working with a very reputable injector company to mock up a stock fuel rail, intake and head to make sure the fuel is not simply sprayed on the walls of the intake loosing efficiency.

Hope to have some good news in a few weeks if you can wait. If not then get the RX-7 ones for now and you can upgrade when ours are ready!!!

Take Care,
Tom
Doc B Racing (first)

Interesting, what size do you plan on making? Some 450cc's would be nice, and maybe some 550cc's for those of us with big boost plans in the future...

MP3racer said:
Hey Guys,

We are doing some "injector studies" right now to develop the right injectors for the stock fuel rail. Although the RX-7 injectors fit, the Protege has a distinctly different intake runner pattern. Mazda developed injectors with a special spray pattern to work with this runner setup. This is why there are two green and two purple injectors from the factory (different spray pattern for right and left). We are working with a very reputable injector company to mock up a stock fuel rail, intake and head to make sure the fuel is not simply sprayed on the walls of the intake loosing efficiency.

Hope to have some good news in a few weeks if you can wait. If not then get the RX-7 ones for now and you can upgrade when ours are ready!!!

Take Care,
Tom
Doc B Racing (first)

Tom....I knew there was a reason for the different injectors!!! This is one of those posts that make this forum rule! (rockon)

As for the WRX injectors... I will be recieving a set and examining the fit on my old engine.

IF the FC injectors work, dsm 440 cc's should also, both low impedance..RC sells many types of injectors sure to suit your needs, although many prefer the denso-style type as they give you more control..550's should be fine for 300 wheel hp but not much more..If you want to get nifty you can run 680cc injectors from an 85 GSL-SE..Good luck with your new engine and I hope to see you put up some decent numbers..

MP3skaterNC said:
Interesting, what size do you plan on making? Some 450cc's would be nice, and maybe some 550cc's for those of us with big boost plans in the future...

We are looking at the 550 cc size. Most turbo upgrades can utilize a large injector. Also, it is always better to have the available volume when needed.

Tom

ok, well i just found out the injectors require plugs (connectors different then our stock ones, so i will swap with th dsm plug (connector type and everything should be gravy.

-B

TDK said:
Any new news on the injectors?
We have some custom injectors that look like they will work. However, when examined the stock fuel rail appears to be very restrictive for "medium to high" flow requirements. Therefore, our next and current step is to fab a new fuel rail setup. Also, with the placement of some of the components (namely the stock press reg.) on the stock fuel rail we have seen some siphoning of the #4 injector. (wow) (Very Bad!) Hopefully we will get to test all of our new parts soon. We expect to have the testing done by the end of March. However, with prototype parts and large manufacturers time can seem to drag on.......Many times it's out of our hands on the time it takes to get these done :confused: .

Hope the update helps!

Take Care,
Tom
Doc B Racing

azian6er said:
ok, well i just found out the injectors require plugs (connectors different then our stock ones, so i will swap with th dsm plug (connector type and everything should be gravy.

-B

so you are gonna use dsm injectors?

Thanks for the info Tom. Along with myself i think there are alot of people waiting to see what you come up with. Keep up the good work. Please let us know when you have any new info.

Thanks

Not sure about the newer FS motors. But on Probe/MX6 FS 2.0L Mazda Motors, Toyota Supra 7mgte 440cc injectors fit right in.

azian6er said:

-B
you must have s4 ones, s5 should drop right in.

Back