what hesitation ?

msppro113

I have had my MSP for about 3 1/2 months now and i have constantly been looking and searching this forum for new parts and info. The one thing i always here is about this hesitaion stuff. I have pushed mine hard a few time and never have i felt a feeling of hesitaion. Mabey i dont know what it feels like ? Can someone tell me how i could recognize the feeling of hesitaion ?:wtf: :confused: :wtf: :confused:

Between 3500 and 4000 rpm the power drops off. If you have it you will know it. There have been a few people around here who havn't noticed it yet. Hey if you don't have it, good on ya.

a temporary bogging feeling is the most summarized way to describe it...not eVERYONE gets it, so you may have escaped..

It is kind of hard for me to imagine the someone might not have it all. I know I have it really bad, but we all have the same ECU it just might not be a noticable. Yash seems to barely have it while on the other end of the spectrum mine really sucks.

In the 3 weeks I had mine, I never felt it, I ordered the Joe P FPR kit tho assuming I would have it. I installed it anyhow.

well when it feels really srtong up through the rpms, but as Notorius said we all have the same ECU so mabey i subconciously block it out:rolleyes:

I notice it alot, especially at WOT. When I get on it I get a slight bog around 3500-4000 rpm it feels like you picked up an extra 500lbs out of nowwhere and then it disappears and I climb up my rpm band again. It's not the turbo kicking in because it already kicked in so turbo lag is out. I watch my A/F gauge and my rich meter is at full peak (meaning really rich). So I can see that alot of fuel is being dumped at WOT. This is the hesitation many of us speak of. Hope this helps. :)

if u dun feel it, try reset your ecu.. then u can prob feel the difference before and after... when i reset it for the intake... i thought intake took care of it coz it felt a lot more smoother.. then after a while... i feel like the car gone back to where it came from :(

I made my cold-air into a short ram right before the rain we had a few weeks ago and never reset my ecu. Now my car almost stalls when my rpms drop. I literally had the rpms down so far the battery light came on and the power steering cut out on me while making a low speed turn. Half a second later, it was back to normal. Now on the other side, full throttle bogs pretty bad, but I almost get a fuel cut type hesitation like FuriousMojo said, when I am at the upper rpm's. And no, i'm not spiking and hitting THAT fuel cut.
Hopefully it'll all be fixed when I get my lazy ass up and fix my intake. Or a flashed ECU would be even better.

So do you guys think that i should get the "fix" when it comes out even though i feel the hesitation , just to be sure i cover my self in case it happens

I reset my ECU at about 1000 miles, hesitation was gone car ran amazing. Now I'm at about 1500 miles and the hesitation is back, and it actually feels worse than before! ! ! !

Back