What have you done to your Miata today?

25997830090_82a544ca15_c.jpg

i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!! you know you are getting close to being done when the laptop is out!

The coil pack wiring will have been rewired. The wiring is very brittle and breaks. I would also lose the plastic cover.
I'll take a look, but not sure if it will be obvious to me. Do you have any photos to explain?

Static test. Unfortunately the only way to really test it is at an autocross trying to do a shift while accelerating out of a corner, but it seems to work well. I'm being way rougher than I ever would in reality just to make sure it doesn't try and skip over to 5th (ie: making sure I didn't leave too much clearance between the shifter and the lockout).

That is cool! I need one of those!!!

I'd gladly make another (as usual, the 2nd one's WAY easier to make than the first, and I'm constantly making firsts lol), but it doesn't exactly work with normal shift boots and center console. The bolt pattern and upper boots are the same through the NBs so it would bolt right in.

Did some final finishing and cleanup, slapped a coat of paint on, then did final assembly.

I'd gladly make another (as usual, the 2nd one's WAY easier to make than the first, and I'm constantly making firsts lol), but it doesn't exactly work with normal shift boots and center console. The bolt pattern and upper boots are the same through the NBs so it would bolt right in.

I may take you up on that offer, when I get the car back on the road I'll see how my new 5 speed works!

Speaking of 5 speeds got everything g back together and I'm putting the exhaust pipes back and they don't line up, stupid wide band sensor is hitting the tranny, [emoji35] so I just ordered a 45 adapter to move it out of the way. I was hoping to get the car back on the ground oh well, there's always tomorrow!
1a06361244b718e0efd98c802113b26a.jpg
39af602aafde79706c9f9b8332d5adb7.jpg
4094ccb1ee9f7fb230d525eb1ef58939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really wierd. I figured if any trans would be marginally wider, it would be the 6sp.

got the car started Saturday, it idles beautifully and for partial throttle, revs pretty quickly... it was 30 and snowing Saturday so the shakedown has to wait til Wednesday or Thursday this week once the weather gets a little nicer.

Got my blingometer working again. Gutting the stock 1.6 ignitor for the VVT motor swap killed the dash tach signal I'd been using as a pickup for it, but she's fully operational again.

The calibration's not set on it yet, but it sure is shiny.

Last edited:
Hacked off my "chain links cut in half" tie downs because they caused the ratchet strap hooks to get wedged stuck against the side of the fuel jug. Home Depot Racing Supply + angle grinders ftw.

Bought some wheel center cap stickers from Barry. You will just have to wait until I'm home in two weeks to see what for.

Back