What have you done to your Miata today?

47b9e1369ec77733a6dba3fa9b9c0136.jpg
new rad/fans, cop's,plugs, cold pipes, IC, overflow tank, oil filter and general all round cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn man, you were busy.

Called FiveoMotorsport, they confirmed receipt of the injectors and said they would be cleaned today. Might actually get them back in time to install before going back to work.

Lined up the NEXT motor for my car, so that I can have a total of 4 (2 1.6 and 2 1.8 VVT) motors in various states of disrepair in my workshop.

BTW: if anyone needs any 1.6 stuff, lemme know :D

Lined up the NEXT motor for my car, so that I can have a total of 4 (2 1.6 and 2 1.8 VVT) motors in various states of disrepair in my workshop.

BTW: if anyone needs any 1.6 stuff, lemme know :D

You could open a online 1.6 parts distributorship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many motors you need to have NOT running, is there more coming Andrew?

Nice Mark.

Just the one I'm getting next weekend. And, HOPEFULLY, that one will only be NOT running very briefly, to transfer a bunch of parts over from the old motor to the new one. All the coolant reroute stuff, all the coolant blockoff stuff, some electronics, the injector harness, and my already modded manifold. And then I've got to finish modding the 99 fuel rail to use the not-returnless fuel system I already have on the car.

A1W9sQ3.jpg

Not mine, but I'll be working on Pipsqueak for the next couple weeks because I don't have a real job for the moment (my company essentially ran out of work in my areas of expertise...). He's got a 440bhp LS1, should be pretty incredible when it's all done.

yesterday i washed, claybar'd and waxed the car. put Rain-X on all the windows and mirror. Also started working on the tune. i got the idle substantially improved and even got the cold start to improve. neither are perfect and still have alot of room for improvement BUT atleast im taking a step in the right direction with them.

17135035989_c58e7d033d_z.jpg

Lookin' purty Levi.

Well it seemed to have taken Fiveo longer to get to my injectors than I was told, but they are en route back to me and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I've been thinking about my oversteer problem, it's mostly caused by power but the rear does sometimes feel light in steady-state cornering. I decided to swap back to the larger (27mm) JR tubular front bar I still have to see how that changes things. Got that all done tonight, hoping the rain clears off so I can test it out tomorrow.

I've been thinking about my oversteer problem, it's mostly caused by power but the rear does sometimes feel light in steady-state cornering. I decided to swap back to the larger (27mm) JR tubular front bar I still have to see how that changes things. Got that all done tonight, hoping the rain clears off so I can test it out tomorrow.

What have you got on the back, suspension wise? I've never been fond of compromising the good end to balance out the bad end. I usually prefer to fix the bad end and bring it into line where it should be.

What have you got on the back, suspension wise? I've never been fond of compromising the good end to balance out the bad end. I usually prefer to fix the bad end and bring it into line where it should be.

Running a stock NB rear sway (12mm). I had a MSM front (23mm) on which wasn't bad with the VMaxx, but since I've changed to the Ohlins I'm getting more oversteer. This is even taking into account the colder temps. I figured since I had the bigger front available I'd give it a try. Here's to not selling anything...

Before you go about swapping a bunch of stuff, try disconnecting a rear endlink and seeing how it feels. You may still want the bigger front bar after that due to a bit of increased roll from disabling the rear bar, but I have a sneaking suspicion (and a lot of testing...) that it will plant the rear without compromising the front.

Before you go about swapping a bunch of stuff, try disconnecting a rear endlink and seeing how it feels. You may still want the bigger front bar after that due to a bit of increased roll from disabling the rear bar, but I have a sneaking suspicion (and a lot of testing...) that it will plant the rear without compromising the front.

This this this!

Stiffer sways take the independent out of independent suspension and make your dampers work overtime to control wind-up from turns. If you can get what you want by disconnecting the rear sway bar you'll be happier in the long run. I know I am.

yeah i was amazed how much rear grip there was with no rear sway when i first drove the car. id driven before with the bar and the ass was a bit twitchy but without it, its nicely planted

oh and what did i do, i ordered 01 Eclipse vents to remove the "eyeball" vents in the car
1032d1313453516-nb-3rd-gen-mitsubishi-eclipse-dash-vents-6047500492_b3786aaeed_z.jpg

gonna be ordering some Hella Sharptones, Hankook RS3 (225-45-15), HIDs today or tomorrow

Last edited:

This this this!

Stiffer sways take the independent out of independent suspension and make your dampers work overtime to control wind-up from turns. If you can get what you want by disconnecting the rear sway bar you'll be happier in the long run. I know I am.

I know all this, I was running the big front without a rear when I had my previous suspension. It only takes me an hour to swap out the front bar, if I don't like it I can disconnect the rear and/or go back to the MSM front. Took a short drive earlier, jury is still out as it wasn't long enough to really tell but I did notice the front felt more planted.

After a lengthier drive this afternoon I will be disconnecting the rear sway. Front feels good but for some reason it feels easier to go into oversteer.

USPS sucks, my injectors sat in the PO in CA for two days and were only forwarded early this morning (they were supposed to arrive today). Hoping now for tomorrow.

The injectors didn't show on Saturday which was really annoying. I ran autocross with Corvette Troy on Sunday at Kil Kare Raceway up in Dayton, it was a blast. The course was fast (naturally), I had understeer during my first set of runs running with the rear sway disconnected so I dropped front tire pressure by 2 psi. Second set was better, my times were a second (or less) behind some Mustangs which were pushing more horsepower (and wider tires!) than me so that was fun.

I received notification my injectors were delivered to my local PO this morning, too late for delivery today. I armed myself with the tracking number and went up to see if I could liberate them. I was able to do that, when I asked if I had any recourse since they were sent Priority (two day delivery) I was told they only guarantee Express shipments. That little bit of info is now tucked away in my head.

Had some other stuff to do so didn't get around to installing them until tonight. Fiveo did me right, I had asked for O-rings to fit the top of the spacers. Not only did they send me those (two different sizes) they also sent me four new spacers.

17186438078_e1f23e13b5.jpg

Got that all done in about two hours, and she fired right up. No fuel gushers, I'll test things tomorrow.

Back