What have you done to your Miata today?

Put the Lightspeeds/Toyos back on the car so the wife can drive it while I'm gone if she wants, and I don't have to worry about her sliding sideways into something due to the Rivals being too cold and/or curbing one of my unobtainable Flatouts.

Drove mine yesterday and today. Put the top up so that I could hear all the s*** that's making incorrect sounds. I'm thinking that the leak under the car wasn't an oil leak, rather a transmission oil leak. I can gear the gears lashing. Guess I gotta fill it up again.

Received the GM IAT from diyauto yesterday, so managed to get the charge pipe from the intercooler to the TB out, drilled to JUST to the size of the threads so it actually threaded in.

Backed it out, applied a generous amount of JB weld to the threads and screwed it back in. Should be cured when I get home tonight.

Drilled the hole under the throttle body so you won't see a sensor sticking out of the charge pipes when you open the hood. I also finished running the map line to the MS and spliced it in the vacume lines.

Only thing left to do now is wire up the boost control solinoid. I had the AEM Wide band wired to the factory O2 sensor wire so it SHOULD work that way with the MS. If not, i'll disconnect it and run it to the connector the boost controller will be hooked to

Also, managed to sell the old Link ECU setup (with extras i had) for $250)

Last edited:
Installed new suspension on Sunday, feels pretty good. Getting an alignment on Friday (maybe). Also, found a great deal on a Hydra with 550cc injectors, should be here by the end of the week (naughty)

too bad it started snowing today, might not be able to drive it much till next year

Rolled my fenders the other day.

edit:
had nothing to do one day so i decided to go in and clean the engine bay by hand.
before
1461693_683301231694383_1418190825_n.jpg

about 4 hours later.
1453345_683301255027714_1707586700_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pablo.

Got to stretch Mia's legs today. Drove from Port Aransas down to South Padre Island. Gotta love 70-75 MPH highways. 410 miles round trip.

Installed a polished K&N Typhoon intake on Saturday. Cool throaty sound under load in 2nd gear and up, not much of a difference under normal acceleration or at idle. I think the exhaust note from the Borla duals may have also gotten a little louder.

Throttle response always seemed quick on this car, so I didn't notice a lot of difference there as others have noted.

hey guys. i am looking to get a new top complete with the frame and so i was wondering if you guys have bought tops before and if so what companies would you recommend?

I have been looking for a little bit and have seen several sites but I would i always like hearing recommendations and reviews about companies from people i trust.

Robbins seems to be the preferred brand, but I don't know anyone that sell them (new anyway) with the frame

You are most likely right. I have yet to find anyone that does that. I am going to look for a used complete top in decent condition while looking for new frames and tops. Maybe I get lucky and find something complete. Bad weather rolling in out of nowhere and the lack of space in my garage sucks.
In the meantime I am getting a car cover to protect my car from the water than gets into the interior.

if your looking for a complete top with a frame you may want to try sourcing one from a spec miata racer or production racing car. I think you could check specmiata.com or prodracing.com they want to get rid of the parts they don't need to help defer the build cost of there race car.

I don't see any listed on either of those two sites, but you could place WTB ads. There are also the 6 miata forums that I check regularly for parts ;)

Getting my car back today, it has been aligned with the new suspension and the motor mounts are on. Don't have the settings yet, I'll post those later. Will try to get a few things done over thanksgiving: frog arms, AEM wideband, seat\bracket and Hydra (with injectors). Ambitious plan considering the temperature...

Got the car back, man those motor mounts make a difference. Transmission is very tight, and power deliver y is also different. Can't really say how much cuz I was driving in the snow with bald Nittos NT01. Alignment is done, they had to raise the car so it wouldn't rub, height it 5.5" off the ground (from ground to pinch weld). Alignment settings:

Caster: 5
Camber front: -1.6
Camber rear: -2.1
Toe front and rear: 0

Pretty close to what Will had, so we'll she how she handles.

thanks for the heads up nate. I am only on 3 forums including this one so I don't have as many sources.

Back