What have you done to your Miata today?

My driver's side window has been stuck up for a couple of days so I took the door apart to investigate... The up cable was pulled out of the clips that hold it next to the door and was stopping the window from rolling down completely. Popped it back in the clips and all is well! While I had everything apart I cleaned and lubed the tracks.

The window works great now! I love easy fixes.

The exact same thing happened to my passenger window about a month ago. Easy fixes FTW!

After some thought, I decided to pull both the JR header and FM muffler. There's just a little too much obnoxiousness on the noise front for me, plus something is causing the car to vibrate under some loads. There was also a metallic rattling noise that was new, but I found out what it was when I pulled the stuff off a little while ago. I forgot to put the tab for the metal hardline for the heater connection to the mixing manifold under one of the exhaust mani nuts.

It's getting kind of scary how fast I can pull stuff off this car. Granted I've done a lot of things to it, but it only took me a little over an hour to pull the 'charger, exhaust mani and muffler.

Got it all back together, I took the time to clean up the muffler and pipes of the Brainstorm dual, it was looking kind of ratty. Rattle canned it flat black with some high temp paint from Ace, came out well. Took a test drive, no more vibes and it sounds nice and throaty without the edginess that the FM dual had.

Last edited:
The exact same thing happened to my passenger window about a month ago. Easy fixes FTW!

I know hooray! I was totally expecting something worse like the track to be all messed up or a broken cable or something.

I know hooray! I was totally expecting something worse like the track to be all messed up or a broken cable or something.

That's exactly what happened on my driver's side... a friend of mine tried a little bit too hard to force it and a few things exploded inside the door. Boo!

the window thing is a common issue. I had to deal with it twice on my mx-3 and twice on the miata. 1 time for each door lol.

Finally had the good camera with me at cars and coffee yesterday morning and took this:

9993690036_4b042b5443_c.jpg

Thanks. I love the bronze Lightspeeds but the color of these Flatouts really compliments the car.

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately the camera is close but the Miata isn't, I couldn't talk Robyn into driving it for our trip.

Finally changed the clutch slave cylinder out today. It finally died on Friday on my way to work and I has to add brake fluid to make it home. new cylinder and fresh fluid and the car is back on the road.

your paint looks amazing, wish mine looked like that

I am so jealous of that paint job. Excellent looking ride.

Thanks. I was lucky that it looked that good when I got it, Meguiar's carnauba paste wax has helped keep it that way. You aren't going to want to hear this, but that is how it looks with overspray courtesy of my wife (it's just faint droplets but it's there). I'm planning on doing a good clay bar/polish job in the next two weeks so we'll see how that turns out.

Back