What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

aye, i've researched enough to see this engine WILL knock no matter what, but the degree and consistency with which i knock is the concerning part.

People seem to use knock and knock retard interchangeably when talking about our car. I have experienced KR frequently, and THAT does seem to be inevitable with these cars, but that does not necessarily mean the engine is knocking, just that the ECU is sensing conditions which could result in knock and is making adjustments. I'm not saying people don't get knock, just that KR does not equal actual knock.

Nice turbo. I can't wait to see it installed. Pics are a must.

I noticed coming home from eating that I am missing two wheel caps for my stock wheels. I have to order some. Anyone have an idea on the best place?

removed the little black bumper guards off of the wheel wells.....

ms6_wsdfd.jpg

And i just set up a deal with a friend in SoCal for a set of MS3 wheels with tires! No more mexi-wheels in one week!!!!!! :D

ms6_wsdfd.jpg

And i just set up a deal with a friend in SoCal for a set of MS3 wheels with tires! No more mexi-wheels in one week!!!!!! :D

As I've said before, some knock is inevitable. The more I read into it, the more it looks like it's just the nature of the engine. The Densos definitely help, but they won't totally eliminate it.

Yeah, some I expect, it's the knock that also causes the car to stutter and shake (and that sounds like a paintball gun going off) that worries me. Funny thing is, I've been trying to take care of the engine, using clean gas, driving it carefully, and the knocking seems to have changed character. Where before it would knock at low RPM under load, now it takes a higher RPM to do it, and I have to load up on the engine. I can live with it how it is recently...though I have to get through winter, the gas out here changes during the winter so I'll have to see what effect that has.

ms6_wsdfd.jpg

Nice!!!! sell them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

and what is all that s*** up by your windshield wipers?

People seem to use knock and knock retard interchangeably when talking about our car. I have experienced KR frequently, and THAT does seem to be inevitable with these cars, but that does not necessarily mean the engine is knocking, just that the ECU is sensing conditions which could result in knock and is making adjustments. I'm not saying people don't get knock, just that KR does not equal actual knock.

yes very true. I am not meaning true knock, i should have said KR. KR is the ECU making adjustments to avoid knock. I just meant i am worried as the KR # seems to be hitting at higher number more frequently recently. Im just taking as many steps as possible to reduce that # and prevent full blown knock. So far i havent heard knock yet.

Reed, i never really asked you, its actually KNOCK and you are hearing it?
or just lots of high # KRs reported on the DH?

realized i may have driven the car less, but am getting much much worse L/KM to the tank... i guess the few times i drive the car i drive it that much harder haha

i have considered it, some horror stories scare me... still hesitant to do it.

There was a real good write-up on MSF. I read that and almost did it, but never got that ambitious to do it. I've heard nothing but good things on our cars, especially with the potential for carbon build-up.

Back