What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

Got the Power Steering Pump Recall done, so that's one less thing in my life to worry about this summer...

We got our two 12 inch rockford p1s and our 1200w amp installed. Boom boom. Painting the wheels next weekend...then on to the cat back exhaust...one I find one I like...

@ 65,704 miles....
JBarone Racing cast aluminum torque mount (my second attempt at a harder mount. I didn't like the AWR,)
New NGK spark plugs.
Mid oil change filter (5k miles.)
And I finally got rid of all the loose Dupli-Color caliper paint and repainted using the G2 system. 'Been wanting to do this for over a year now.

IMG_2370-1.jpg

IMG_2371-1.jpg

IMG_2372-1.jpg

IMG_2373-1.jpg

Oh, did I mention the new decals also?

G2 Is the BEST!! Caliper paint ever. Iv'e had mine for many months now and It's holding up very well. Nice EBC Greens BTW how are they compared to the OEM pads?

hey, where did you get the black light covers? i cant find them anywhere?

what are the rims, and do you have a suspension kit?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, where did you get the black light covers? i cant find them anywhere?

what are the rims, and do you have a suspension kit?

Ummmm.... who are asking? I realize you are a newbie and don't understand everything yet, but there is no reference to the person you are asking the question(s) of.

G2 Is the BEST!! Caliper paint ever. I've had mine for many months now and It's holding up very well. Nice EBC Greens BTW how are they compared to the OEM pads?

I like them very much. Had a little trouble w/squeal out of the box which I was worried about, but it cleared up by itself.
They were cheaper than the Hawks, though not by much, are less aggressive against the rotors and are not as dusty, plus they bit hard when asked to. I think they are an excellent street/performance pad.

I was originally running the Dupli-Color brush-on I first put on in 2006, said to hold up much better than the newer spray-on. But even it began chipping after a few weeks. After 4 full coats + 3-4(?) touch-ups I gave up. I don't have time or the inclination to re-do my mods every year or more. I waited two years for most of it to wear off then used the G2. The rears (w/Dupli-Color) held up much better than the fronts though. I had done the rotor hats and edges w/the G2 when they were new w/the G2. I split the paint and hardener in half. But I had to do some touch-up when I did the calipers to match.

Well I was planning on when changing the breaks doing EBC Greens' and front and rear slotted rotors. The OEM breaks suck, the drivers here cutting you off and slamming on the break I've locked the breaks up multiple times and it takes a bit for my car to stop. So This info is very much appreciated. Thank you sir!

^ if your locking up the brakes... brakes are fine, you need better tires

brakes are only as good as the rubber on the road....

MAZDA3 i SV 4-Door148 hp‡, 2.0L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with variable valve timing
5-speed manual transmission
Mileage city/highway (mpg): 25/33†
16-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers
Variable-intermittent wipers
Cloth-trimmed seats with 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
Power door locks
Power side mirrors and windows
AM/FM/CD/MP3-compatible stereo with 4 speakers and auxiliary-audio input jack
Advanced front air bags, front side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains**
Front seat-belt pretensioners with force limiters
Active front headrests
4-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)†† and Traction Control System (TCS)
Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS

ok so back to my first statement... your brakes are only as good as your tires...
he might not be locking the brakes up so much as braking so hard his tires are losing traction...

ok so back to my first statement... your brakes are only as good as your tires...
he might not be locking the brakes up so much as braking so hard his tires are losing traction...

Loved that back-pedal ya' did there, jeans!! :D :D :D

Yah, if you're still rockin' the factory rubber, do an upgrade. Like most manufacturer's, Mazda seems to only put crap tires on as OE.

Well, I'm gonna be getting 18x8 Enkei EKM3's thinking of doing Ventus V12's as my tires, also when it comes to do the break slotted rotors front an rear and EBC Greens.

That seems like a pretty good tire. I would be concerned about the wear rating though (280?)
I assume you're looking at the 225/40 to go on those wheels?
Y'know the extra weight of those wheels and tires are liable to make the car feel a bit more sluggish as well. You are on 16's now so that's a Plus 2 size.

Back