What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

Wow! Nice job on the low-beam surround paint!

I would cross the street before I walked in front of that open garage for fear that it might devour me! (bolt)

Also, love the plaid! (2thumbs).

Last edited:
thanks, i dunno how i feel about it on the engine cover... haha i mean i LOVE it on the interior but not wild about it on the engine cover

thanks, its subtle but the high beam ring and the turn signal surrounds are blacked out, ill get some up close shots soon, its rained most of today and is supposed to be off an on tomorrow... once the weather clears ill be going out for a proper photoshoot with the car, then ill have some good pics to ***** out, haha

I recently did a photoshoot with my good friend and his '98 Monte Carlo LS. It's got almost 190k on it now, but looks/performs way better than you'd expect.

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b336/GMFWDFAN/Mazda3%20and%20Monte%20Carlo/

And on Thursday, I got my door sills from partplaza.net and my MS3 rear valence came in from onlinemazdaparts.com! This was perfect, as I had to have the parts shipped (and installed) at my friend's house (the Monte Carlo owner) to avoid a fight with my grandparents (they're adamant about me not modding my car - even though I'm 20 and I do it with my own money). I bought the car myself, too - it's in my name. Oh well, I'm moving out in a few months and I'll be able to do what I want without fear of reporcussions then. :D

IMG00296-20100318-1753.jpg

IMG00292-20100318-1741.jpg

IMG00291-20100318-1741.jpg

IMG00289-20100318-1741.jpg

IMG00288-20100318-1741.jpg

IMG00287-20100318-1741.jpg

Those last few are BlackBerry pictures, so excuse their quality - and the filthy car!

Well yesterday I got 4 new tires put on, got an alignment, installed some sweet pro line wiper blades (bogo at pep boys mir.), and washed and vacumed. Today I took a few quick pictures and made my first post in the forums in the welcome section. Its been a productive couple days (2thumbs). The tires are Hankook Ventus V4 es 205/40ZR17s. Liking them so far...

Last weekend I vacuumed and washed it (first hand wash of the year -- yay, Spring!).

Just put in an order for the CP-E Towplate and a pair of BumperPlugs. Happy birthday to me! (cabpatch)

Hey.. I said it was a guess... I didn't say it was a good one. (lol2)

Thank you for the correction, tho'. :)

hahaha... only reason i know is cause a freind was looking for a set so he could autocross in H-stock and he wanted 16 instead of the 17s cause they were lighter and tires were cheaper

i wasnt trying to sound like an ass in my reply, but i guess ikinda did.. oh well (lol2)

two days ago tire got stabbed by a piece of metal sticking out by a curb and found two big dents on the side of the car. now it is parked in the lot behind my building with the spare on. I'm leaving it for a couple of weeks until I calm down. then paying far out the ass to get everything fixed.

Blew out two tires :-( Spent $748.25 on four BFG G-Force Super Sport A/S tires plus alignment and road hazard.

Dude.. That must've been one huge pothole! Condolences on the cost and congrats on the new rubber. I've been curious how those tires handle. Have you had them before or is this your first set of them?

two days ago tire got stabbed by a piece of metal sticking out by a curb and found two big dents on the side of the car. now it is parked in the lot behind my building with the spare on. I'm leaving it for a couple of weeks until I calm down. then paying far out the ass to get everything fixed.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that.. Hopefully insurance will cover the dents. If not, just remember to breathe.

CP-E TowPlate and BumperPlugs are here (showed up at the end of last week). Now I'm waiting for a spare weekend to install since it involves front bumper removal for proper installation. Never done that before -- we'll see how it goes.. (nailbyt)

I'm not really that worried; just wanna take my time and be well prepared, so I'm gonna check the How-To section.

The wife and I cleaned the windows on our 06. a little extra work and they are crystal clear:D

WED I took her in for an oil change and they plugged a tire that had a 2in bolt stuck in it :( Yesterday i gave her her first wax! she is sparkly now. Today I get my MS CAI in the mail and monday I will install it and my TWM STS !!!

A week ago I took it in for its 25K mile service.

Had 'em investigate the creaking that had supposedly been fixed by replacing the front sway bar bushings last winter. I rode with the mechanic and we were only able to reproduce the sound about half the time and then only when I drove gently (~2mph) over the speed bumps in a nearby parking lot -- driving over them quickly (~4mph) and they basically moved too fast to make the sound. He reiterated what I'd been told before, that it's basically just a sound and that it's not causing or indicative of harm or failure.. Once it's out of warranty and I start adding technical mods (like sway bars), then I'll take the earlier suggestion of that high-quality bushing lubricant (can't remember the brand/product name at the moment / don't feel like looking it up right now).

Also, got its annual alignment and had the tires and wheels match-mounted and balanced properly -- they were never quite right after the new tires last fall.

A handy lesson: just because a shop claims to have the best equipment available for balancing tires (Hunter GSP9700 RoadForce Balancer with StraightTrak) doesn't mean that they train their employees on proper usage of same. Basically, the place I bought the tires from didn't match-mount the tires initially (they were supposed to) and they doubled-up the weights on one wheel that needed more (~5oz. (wow)) instead of using weights with more mass. And that was the second attempt.

Needless to say, I'm not buying tires there again.

STILL don't have time to install the CP-E TowPlate... (gah)
At this point it's lookin' like June. (toetap)

Gonna wash it Sat. or Sun. -- it's in DIRE need. Rain has an awful lot of dirt in it.

well this wasnt today but i dropped 800 on a carbon fiber hatch door VIS baby!! so ill be sportin that soon and pics will be up.....I did however get a brand new extra light weight new bumper, freshly painted this week and i put it on this morning

05-20-10_1322.jpg

a couple of weeks ago did the throttle body ground and coolant bypass, last friday i got my stubby antenna in the mail, so i put that on! same day i changed the spark plugs, yesterday (sunday) bought the material for the hd lip and will do that soon! (can post pics if ya like) (2thumbs)

Back