What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Nice job detailing. I just bought a ton of stuff to do my first detail on mine. Unfortunately the rain won't be stopping til Monday, so it will have to wait til than.

xExDFUA.jpg

Looks awesome! I just became a new Mazda owner last week after being a Nissan driver for almost 10 years! Gotta say that I enjoy the new ride thus far and am hoping to get some great ideas off of this great site!

Crosspost from the LED DRL thread.

Added the eBay fog lamp surround LED DRL kit.

FullSizeRender%20924381-edit_zpsiwcinwj2.jpg

The 2013-2015 style surround works better with the 2016 grille than I thought it would. The equivalent surround for the 2016 didn't look as good, and would block a bunch of output from the non-LED fog lamps. The wife loves the look (it's her car).

Crosspost from the LED DRL thread.

Added the eBay fog lamp surround LED DRL kit.

FullSizeRender%20924381-edit_zpsiwcinwj2.jpg

The 2013-2015 style surround works better with the 2016 grille than I thought it would. The equivalent surround for the 2016 didn't look as good, and would block a bunch of output from the non-LED fog lamps. The wife loves the look (it's her car).

This looks special, nice(yes)

i bought one of those sticky pads to hold my phone and it works like a charm. i put it right next to steering wheel (on dash) where there is just enough room.

it's tilted a little but i can use it for the nav and it does not fall. other times i put it on the dash and it stays put so i can charge and play pandora, youtube, etc.

works great for putting the digital speed info on the windshield also.

loll i did

Right now in QC its the end of winter so lots of snow melting and dirt everywhere , not the best time to keep your car clean :)

Did my first wax on my CX-5 today. Took me about 2hrs for wash, dry, wax, clean all the plastic trim, and tires.
TXyXppX.jpg

RcQgeLR.jpg

There was a couple small wax spots in the pic that I wiped up when i got home. I did it inside at work and lighting was poor so I couldn't see it all.

I installed my aluminum pedals

cef6c73a00681decc6901c176eca84a5.jpg
0c0c2c9b6d1068c700335a3105c0372c.jpg

Did you break your aluminum dead pedal in two to fit the floor liner on?
For mine, I just tapped the liner only with 2 screws and then velcro taped the dead pedal onto it, then I can lift both pedal and mat out at same time.

I just screwed it in directly to the foam or whsatever is under there. It would look nicer without the weathertech tough

I installed my aluminum pedals

cef6c73a00681decc6901c176eca84a5.jpg
0c0c2c9b6d1068c700335a3105c0372c.jpg

Just an idea for you, find one of those stair tread covers at the hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc) and cut it up to fit of the dead pedal area. I did that on mine and only use that piece in the winter. I used Velcro to attach it over the top of my weathertechs so that the snow and crap falls down into the liner and not behind it onto the carpet.

Just an idea for you, find one of those stair tread covers at the hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc) and cut it up to fit of the dead pedal area. I did that on mine and only use that piece in the winter. I used Velcro to attach it over the top of my weathertechs so that the snow and crap falls down into the liner and not behind it onto the carpet.

Thanks, will look into that

I am also concerned in Quebec of the snow and salt accumulation near the gas pedal due to the smaller lip in the mat.

I find this to be a major flaw on their behalf

Today I brought my CX-5 in for it's 2 yr servicing (was told it needed an alignment), tire swap, and recall service. Changed the cabin air filter and engine air filter myself (thx to this place, never realized how easy it was and saved some money in the process). I then brought it to a body shop for an estimate as I was keyed from front to back on the passenger side...cutting deep into the metal....and add to that a dent to my passenger side door from a rock that was hurled into me from a snow plow over Christmas....was quoted $1900 cash to fix it all up.

Bon

Bought this cheap $13.63 (It went up to $14.50 now) rear bumper protector http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-2012-2013-Mazda-CX-5-stainless-steel-Rear-bumper-Protector-Sill-SBU/32519773234.html

I wasn't quite happy with the OEM one since it was chrome and rather pricey. This one seemed to match my door scuff plates which I plasti-dipped as well https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Took it to work with me and set up a table in the giant warehouse to spray it. This way I wasn't rushed since I don't get access to the garage for too long at home. We got so many cars it's hard to do all the coats and let it sit the recommended 4hrs after the last coat.

7BqjxQ2.jpg

td6o67e.jpg

Bought this cheap $13.63 (It went up to $14.50 now) rear bumper protector http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-2012-2013-Mazda-CX-5-stainless-steel-Rear-bumper-Protector-Sill-SBU/32519773234.html

I wasn't quite happy with the OEM one since it was chrome and rather pricey. This one seemed to match my door scuff plates which I plasti-dipped as well https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Took it to work with me and set up a table in the giant warehouse to spray it. This way I wasn't rushed since I don't get access to the garage for too long at home. We got so many cars it's hard to do all the coats and let it sit the recommended 4hrs after the last coat.

So what happens when something "scuffs" it while loading (or for that matter when a shoe scuffs a door scuff plate, which I assume you plasti-coated also)? Isn't that stuff better suited for areas that won't get much abuse?

So what happens when something "scuffs" it while loading (or for that matter when a shoe scuffs a door scuff plate, which I assume you plasti-coated also)? Isn't that stuff better suited for areas that won't get much abuse?

I wear steel toe boots for work and so far it's had no problem handling the heel hitting it a couple times a week when I happen to hit it. As for the rear bumper protector, it should be fine. The only way I can see it peeling the plasti-dip off is if I have something heavy with sharp corners. Like if I was removing a washer or dryer out of it. If it's not something big and heavy, I don't see hitting it. Even if it does, I have left over plasti-dip to respray. It's quick and easy to do so I am not worried.

7BqjxQ2.jpg

td6o67e.jpg

What kind material is used in it? is it very flat? I brought one bumper guard from ebay for $50 bulks and it is made of steal and 3m tapes. It does not fully attached to the car. Waste of money, I will remove it this week.

Back