What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yea, more and more I wish I had bought a white one. I think it will still look good on my grey

Hey Phantomdg, have you seen these? https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/45584

Are they similar to what you ordered from China?

Hello and thanks for asking!

I have seen those and are somewhat similar to the ones I bought from China but actually I prefer the ones you pointed out better. Just not keen on the price as my gut feeling is that they are also made by a Chinese manufacturer.

If anyone can find evidence scouring the internet that those are made in Japan, then I would be more inclined to buy them, even at that high price tag!!

Hello and thanks for asking!

I have seen those and are somewhat similar to the ones I bought from China but actually I prefer the ones you pointed out better. Just not keen on the price as my gut feeling is that they are also made by a Chinese manufacturer.

If anyone can find evidence scouring the internet that those are made in Japan, then I would be more inclined to buy them, even at that high price tag!!

I contacted JapanParts yesterday evening after I had posted my reply here on this forum. I woke this morning to find in my email In-Box their response as follows:

Thank you so much for your mail. The company who make is "CRYSTAL EYE".
CRYSTAL EYE is Japanese company but I think the lamps made in Taiwan.

Please let me know by e-mail if you have any further question. Have a good
one.

Yours faithfully,
Japanparts.com

Once I receive my refund from the Ebay seller for the China made ones, I'll place my order with JapanParts. But if someone has already placed their order, please let us know and perhaps I will wait for review and feedback from that member.

Thanks!

I think those are different (the design looks different) and I DEFINETLY like the smoke inifiinti fx looking lights! those would go well even with the stock HIDS because they are mostly "white", - the amber reflector!
- sick
resize_image.php
I think I'm about to buy those at the end of the month. I'll look around or a lower price.

Sexy. I'll save those for another time to purchase...

Actually im at the stealership looking into a white 2.5.. Edit well, time to strip my car to OEM again.. the hard part I think will be the audio because I didn't install it, not have I ever did audio. From what I can tell, they didn't even tap into the bose amp, although the shop does good work so it may just look OEM.

Last edited:
Installed a dash cam, a Mini 0803 with GPS. Just temporary wiring for now into the cigarette lighter, but it works really nicely. Mounted perfectly behind the rear view mirror; can barely see it from inside or outside the car.

Finally got to wash her dirty butt after our trip. Had some hard water spots on the hood so polished those out. We got 26.3 mpg for the whole trip, not too bad considering the drive was through hills at 70-75 mph (with occasional blasts to 80 and beyond when traffic annoyed me).

Congrats on the new acquisition. You go AWD on this one too?
If I knock out all of going back to stock by tomorrow, I can get I'm going to try for sat otherwise, Monday. Yes, awd gt.. I spent 3 or 4 hours just un-doing the front lights (un doing resistors too) and horn (bumper removed), had to redo some horn wiring to convet it back to single.. etc). I still need to remove the C/S coils, which I want to try to do on base tomorrow (never installed/removed before), remove the c/s rear sway (easy just time consuming, but also the way I do it makes the rear spring easy to remove too), and most challenging I think, maybe not, is removing the amp and sub.. which I didn't wire, and never have done audio before. Doesn't look like they tapped into the bose amp so maybe I wont have a hard time..then I just need to remove the rear trailer light harness (unhooked just need to take it out), and the hitch/exhaust/ intake

Oil/filter change, tire rotation, cleaned the interior.

Is it sad that I'm looking forward to getting my CX-5's first oil change / tire rotation? I'm still only at 1,400 miles. =x

btw I will be posting a pictorial of how my sub/amp was installed. they tapped into two wires In the pillar between the passenger/driver seat. Reset my OEM springs and realized the bozo who did them originally kinda messed up the towers.. but yea that was a fun 5 hrs.. and my battery died (was scared that I blew something) right as I was putting the last two pieces of trim after my sub removal back on..2 nights of ignitions on music for like 4-6 hrs straight was too much XD

Back