What have you done to your CX-5 today?

The Corksport is soft most of the time, but when there are multiple waves in the road(like two paved crosswalks in an intersection), it really makes the car to "wave" a lot. If there is a bump on the freeway(little step), it will hit pretty hard.

Mazda CX-5 Maxx Sport

OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited (from PowerBulbs)

OEM Scuff plates

Cargo tray (https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned))

IMG_20150418_121354.jpg
IMG_20150418_145945.jpg
IMG_20150418_150051.jpg
IMG_20150418_150134.jpg

Last edited:
The Corksport is soft most of the time, but when there are multiple waves in the road(like two paved crosswalks in an intersection), it really makes the car to "wave" a lot. If there is a bump on the freeway(little step), it will hit pretty hard.
c/s has a 70 duro RMM for the c-5 now, similar to the JBR mount but with a poured mold instead of a bushing.
mazda3-rear-motor-mount-oem-vs-corksport-700x452.jpg

http://corksport.com/mazda-3-rear-motor-mount.html

Gave her a "wash" using No-Rinse for the first time. Mixed a half a cap full in to a 32oz. spray bottle. It was a revelation. Wash and dry all in one step. Car looks fantastic.

Oh and updating the maps right now.

Replaced the interior, and licence plate bulbs with white LED's. I can't wait for the sun to go down! (lol2)

Just wondering.. How long does a repair have to take in order for Mazda/dealer to provide you a rental? My local dealer said my warranty work will take from anywhere from half a day to 1 whole day and not providing me a rental...

The repair works under warranty:
-BT/Head unit playback
-AC vent issue (minor blowing toward leg even when selected to dash/person only)

Car is still under original warranty and I have Mazda extended warranty also... Have a scheduled appointment for next Monday... and I don't want to sit at the dealer for the whole day.. I sat at the dealer for more than 2 hours just for diagnostics last time.

Unless the extended warranty changes things (and I don't believe it does as it doesn't come into effect until after the factory warranty expires), Mazda does not provide loaners as part of warranty coverage, but rather leaves that up to the discretion of the dealer. So it's always a bit of a crap shoot. I gotta' tell you, My wife bought a used 2013 BMW Z4 about six months ago which still has 1.5 years of factory warranty left, and it's really nice to be handed the keys to a loaner for the smallest warranty repair/service. But you do pay for that sort of thing, one way or another!

Just wondering.. How long does a repair have to take in order for Mazda/dealer to provide you a rental? My local dealer said my warranty work will take from anywhere from half a day to 1 whole day and not providing me a rental...

The repair works under warranty:
-BT/Head unit playback
-AC vent issue (minor blowing toward leg even when selected to dash/person only)

Car is still under original warranty and I have Mazda extended warranty also... Have a scheduled appointment for next Monday... and I don't want to sit at the dealer for the whole day.. I sat at the dealer for more than 2 hours just for diagnostics last time.

Why not just drop off your CX-5 and arrange your own rental car ?

Why not just drop off your CX-5 and arrange your own rental car ?

I rather not pay any money from my own pocket when the problem(s) is being covered by Mazda? Does it look like I want a dealer to touch my car? I never bring my cars back to dealer unless the issue is related to a TSB/recall.

I rather not pay any money from my own pocket when the problem(s) is being covered by Mazda? Does it look like I want a dealer to touch my car? I never bring my cars back to dealer unless the issue is related to a TSB/recall.

I guess in the future you should consider buying from car company brands and, or, dealers which will provide you with a free rental car.

Yea, I don't think they can get the oem mazda oil in barrels so everyone uses castrol (and it cost less).

I use Quakerstate Full Synthetic in my CX-5. Got 350,000 miles out of one of my cars with it. It was still running strong when I sold it and had no motor problems or leaks at all. Been using it ever since. Everyone has their favorite.

Back