What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Nice, I was curious how would I remove the dealer sticker? I asked to have them remove it, but they were saying it doesn't come off. Any suggestions?

Ha ha. Of course it "doesn't come off". (dunno) Is it a sticker or a badge? For my badge I just put the car in the sun for a while then took some dental floss to it and worked it back and forth. It took several strands but eventually it came off. Then I used WD-40 to remove the glue. As for a sticker, I can't help you there but if it went on, it comes off.

Nice, I was curious how would I remove the dealer sticker? I asked to have them remove it, but they were saying it doesn't come off. Any suggestions?

Ha ha. Of course it "doesn't come off". (dunno) Is it a sticker or a badge? For my badge I just put the car in the sun for a while then took some dental floss to it and worked it back and forth. It took several strands but eventually it came off. Then I used WD-40 to remove the glue. As for a sticker, I can't help you there but if it went on, it comes off.

The industry standard for badges is thin fishing line. Only a 1 strand needed, but I bet it didn't have the same fresh minty smell as yours (lol2)

If it is a badge, like others have said, use a few strands of dental floss and "saw" it off. Then use Goo-Gone to remove the glue. If it is a sticker, once again, use some Goo-Gone. Let it soak a bit and then rub it with a microfiber towel or try to peel it off. Apply Goo-Gone liberally and as needed.

Next time refuse to take delivery on a car with a dealer sticker or badge. They can figure that out, whether it means giving you one with no sticker or removing an existing one. I refused to let them put on the dealer plate covers. I don't buy cars to give a dealership free advertising. I always think people who drive around with dealer stickers or whatever were duped.

The industry standard for badges is thin fishing line. Only a 1 strand needed, but I bet it didn't have the same fresh minty smell as yours (lol2)

Lol. I was wondering why people weren't using fishing line in the couple YouTube vids I watched. Wasn't sure if there was a reason but didn't want to find out the hard way either. I may go after the CX-5 badge so thanks for the heads up.

Lol. I was wondering why people weren't using fishing line in the couple YouTube vids I watched. Wasn't sure if there was a reason but didn't want to find out the hard way either. I may go after the CX-5 badge so thanks for the heads up.

This what it'll look like if you decide to do it. Personally, I like the clean look. Most auto technicians have fishing line in their toolboxes, so that's what I meant by industry standards. But, I checked Youtube to see your sources and I see people using dental floss, PET plastic straps and craft yarn, so maybe fishing line isn't the standard anymore, hehe(dunno).
2c2e8f4aecd3dcf87d9fe3f20c983f1c.jpg

This what it'll look like if you decide to do it. Personally, I like the clean look. Most auto technicians have fishing line in their toolboxes, so that's what I meant by industry standards. But, I checked Youtube to see your sources and I see people using dental floss, PET plastic straps and craft yarn, so maybe fishing line isn't the standard anymore, hehe(dunno).

I like it. Plus I had Opti Gloss-Coat applied the other night and the dip rubbed off on sections of both the letters and emblem. Think I'll just ditch the letters and only have to touch up the emblem. Thanks for the pic.

Bob that looks so good!! So smooth looking.

Thank you. I'm very happy with the result. Now let's see how long I can keep it looking like that...

On a side note, while I was doing a detailed inspection of the paint, I noticed a small bubble in my clear bra down below the driver side fog light and a screw in one of my tires. (pissed).

Thank you. I'm very happy with the result. Now let's see how long I can keep it looking like that...

On a side note, while I was doing a detailed inspection of the paint, I noticed a small bubble in my clear bra down below the driver side fog light and a screw in one of my tires. (pissed).

Looks awesome! Did you use anything on the black rocker panels and wheel wells?

Looks great Bob! I got a secret- I originally wanted a Blue Reflex CX-5.... but, I didn't want the black interior. And now your pics made makes me think I made a mistake [emoji6]

Ha ha. Deep Crystal Blue with Sand Interior is a beautiful combo for sure. Soul Red with the Sand as well. I'm happy with the black though. I'm pretty anal about the car as it is but I would have driven my family crazy trying to keep that light colored interior spotless.

2c2e8f4aecd3dcf87d9fe3f20c983f1c.jpg

Nice! I'm going to de-badge everything on the back as well sans the Mazda logo. I prefer the clean look.

Ha ha. Deep Crystal Blue with Sand Interior is a beautiful combo for sure. Soul Red with the Sand as well. I'm happy with the black though. I'm pretty anal about the car as it is but I would have driven my family crazy trying to keep that light colored interior spotless.
That make a lot of sense! [emoji106]
Nice! I'm going to de-badge everything on the back as well sans the Mazda logo. I prefer the clean look.
Any tips or ?s just ask! [emoji6]

Got my H&R springs on yesterday and immediately when and had an alignment done. Everything is within spec. :)
iJqcbm3Xw9T52.jpg
ibt5Em2oZiuNe0.jpg

That is not a good idea, because the springs will settle in the next couple of weeks or so.
The car looks very good.
I'm about to do mine, in one of the next weekends.(it's about time)

That is not a good idea, because the springs will settle in the next couple of weeks or so.
The car looks very good.
I'm about to do mine, in one of the next weekends.(it's about time)

Most alignment shops carry a "warranty", or time period for which can be re-checked and adjusted. I'm not saying the shop Djsiva went to does, but every shop I've worked or am familiar with does. Can't wait to see yours tibimakai, and how your adjustable control arms work out[emoji106]

Most alignment shops carry a "warranty", or time period for which can be re-checked and adjusted. I'm not saying the shop Djsiva went to does, but every shop I've worked or am familiar with does. Can't wait to see yours tibimakai, and how your adjustable control arms work out[emoji106]

I took it to the Mazda dealer so who knows. I'll see if I can get them to recheck it in a few weeks.

Back