What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Sorry for hijacking, Chris, have you installed the catch can? I'm contemplating doing this in my wife's CX-5, as I see huge benefits in my Tahoe's intake...

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

Today I plugged in an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter into the CX-5 and used Torque Pro on a very old Android phone for monitoring. I am surprised to find that Torque Pro is able to read the Transmission Temperature pid for the CX-5. Looks like I don't have to get an Ultragauge for the CX-5 then.

Hello, all! Picked up my new CX-5 on the 14th, tech package and iActive, and have just discovered this forum. Since then have done the following:
1. Signed a lot of paperwork so I can pay through the nose for the rest of my life on this car, cost darned near as much as my first house
2. Added the all-weather mats, cargo cover and door sill plates, those will be installed next Tuesday, the 50% for filling out the Costco survey came in handy on the accessory purchases
3. Added my custom locking inside the rear compartment behind the rear seats. This had been built for my Kia Rondo, one criteria for the new car was that the box would fit
4. Figured out a way, thanks to my wife, to use Command Strips to attach the Ram mount for my cell phone
5. Filled my tank for the second time yesterday, showing 24.7 mpg mostly stop-and-go driving

Liking what I am seeing so far, quite a change from the 2007 Kia Rondo with 206,600 miles that it replaced.

Congrats on your CX-5 purchase! Man, that's an awesome deal on the accessories

Hello, all! Picked up my new CX-5 on the 14th, tech package and iActive, and have just discovered this forum.
Congrats! Make sure to turn on your oil life monitor and utilize flexible maintenance on oil change interval.

Sorry for hijacking, Chris, have you installed the catch can? I'm contemplating doing this in my wife's CX-5, as I see huge benefits in my Tahoe's intake...

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

Yes. I have a 1000 mi engine and the valves had crap caked on them already. Also mazda OEM moly oil is very good, top end/camshafts of the pulled 53k motor looks brand new

Yes. I have a 1000 mi engine and the valves had crap caked on them already. Also mazda OEM moly oil is very good, top end/camshafts of the pulled 53k motor looks brand new

Interesting, thanks for the report on this. I intend to keep mine for a long time, and it's had nothing but Mazda Moly Oil and Shell gas (except for one dealer fill with Castrol that I dumped after 1,000 miles when my MPG went way down). Good to see a report from a partial tear down.

14124988_10157299456610487_736843410572339295_o.jpg

^^ Remarkably clean for a 53K mile engine, I've seen a lot worse with far fewer miles. Thank-you again for sharing.

1000 mi engine is in. Even at 1000 mi the intake mani had oil all in it, and you could clearly see a layer or crap on the valve.
Are you saying the new engine is having problems already? How did you find out these oil in the intake manifold and carbon deposit on valves from your 1,000-mile new engine?

35% is pretty standard for the fronts. You'll be glad you did it.

Yes, wife goes to the skin doctor every nine months so it's added protection for her. Got two quotes for Llumar tint - $80 or $90 for regular and $150 for ceramic.

*edit - I've never had ceramic tint before. If I went that route would it look differently than the rear windows, i.e.: reflective or shiny?

Last edited:
Congrats on your CX-5 purchase! Man, that's an awesome deal on the accessories

Thanks. The Costco thing turned out quite nicely. Good discount, no hassle and the 50% off coupon for filling out the survey was a real bonus for sure.

Congrats! Make sure to turn on your oil life monitor and utilize flexible maintenance on oil change interval.

Thanks. I set the Maintenance Schedule, but in looking I see that there are a couple of things I missed. I will check those when I get home tonight.

Yes, wife goes to the skin doctor every nine months so it's added protection for her. Got two quotes for Llumar tint - $80 or $90 for regular and $150 for ceramic.

*edit - I've never had ceramic tint before. If I went that route would it look differently than the rear windows, i.e.: reflective or shiny?

Dunno about the ceramic tint as this is the first time I've ever gotten my windows tinted.

I got my front windows done for 80 dollars with 3 year warranty. The brand name is Solarfree which I never heard before and is suppose to have 99%UV protection. I do notice that my interior isnt as hot as before when I get into the car on a sunny day. For just 80 dollars, Im quite happy with the tint job.

Dunno about the ceramic tint as this is the first time I've ever gotten my windows tinted.

I got my front windows done for 80 dollars with 3 year warranty. The brand name is Solarfree which I never heard before and is suppose to have 99%UV protection. I do notice that my interior isnt as hot as before when I get into the car on a sunny day. For just 80 dollars, Im quite happy with the tint job.

I want to do this in Texas heat. 80 bucks for front windshield including labor?

I had ceramic on my meteor grey mics cx5. It works very well. I didn't pay the premium when I got my white one since the car already would be less conductive of heat.

Got my Deep Blue Touring CX-5 with moon roof and bose audio.
Wish list
1. DRL since it is a darker color for safety + looks
2. Chrome A/C vent - make it softer
3. Center Arm Rest upholstered for more comfort.
4. Windshield UV ceramic coat.

Beyond that I just want to make it look a little better. Got a great deal on the car, so can spend a bit on mods. I wanted LED Door Sills if they were magnetic (no wiring needed).
And i am new to customizing - so hoping if anyone can point out to a good independent in DFW

Took mine for a nice long drive today and once I learn how to post pic I will add that

Back