What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I want to get this but can't seem to find it even though the picture is in google image..
Mazda-2-refires-3-6-5-metal-font-b-emblem-b-font-ms-mazda-font-b.jpg

Curious to know (and if you don't mind the ask) - how much did it cost for the CQ? There are a few places locally that do it here and I toy w/the idea of doing it. Thx.

My detailer is the best there is, he normally does Lambos and cars like that. It wasn't cheap but detailing and application of the Cquartz is $700.00. Based on my experience with my BMW he did its well worth it.

http://www.cmcdetailing.com/

What are you going to do to your CX-5 after winning the powerball (assuming you keep it in addition to the new car(s))

What are you going to do to your CX-5 after winning the powerball (assuming you keep it in addition to the new car(s))

Just keep driving it until it wears out! Same thing I'm already doing. I'd also buy a Tesla Model S for non-mountain transportation duty and install a couple of quick chargers on my properties and solar panels to power it most of the year. At the 49th parallel we have long summer days good for solar charging.

Started to install my oil pan with the turbo return added to it, and oil sandwich plate, along with the oil and boost gauge. After over an hour messing around with the pan trying to get the pan off, cuts curses and effort the pan won't fit because there is a piece of the engine where the inside drain would sit. Trimmed excess threads, no joy. Tomorrow I'm gonna run to pep boys and buy and an10 fuel fitting to stick on the opposite side, which should clear everything.

installed oem drain pan modified with an an-10 fitting for turbo return, installed an oil sandwich plate, and installed glowshift oil P and vacuum/boost gauge
12473892_10156370700800487_4603556354652221045_o.jpg

Last edited:
Welp didn't see any leaks, going to check in the morning for any drip. Top oil P was about 65, mostly it hovers around 20 cruising. I need to find another vaccum source for the vacuum manifold. I have it t'd pretty much right off the vacuum pump and it's constantly 20 in hg. I'm going to try a source that feed directly into the intake mani.

Alright oil sandwhich and pan wasn't leaking so installed my jbr catch can.. if you have awd you will have to improvise including using a different mounting location. Also the 3/8 hose is too small for the pcv valve and the manifold port so i ended up using some pf the 5/8 cut with the 3/ stuck inside of it for the bottom, and stuck the 3/8 into the oem pcv hose for the pcv valve #awdproblems
12439060_10156374036295487_8978106966375088460_n.jpg

New CX 5 Grand Tourer Owner

Hi everyone,

New owner of a 2012 Cx5 Grand Tourer with 50k kilometers, picked up relatively cheap since its a diesel. Been working through it and have changed diff oil, engine oil & filter and looking to change auto trans oil if Mazda Australia wished to sell the ATF-FZ over the counter. No, no can do!!! So we off to find another supplier. Wiper blades all round and a second thorough wash & wax, and interior leather treated.

3 years ago we purchased a Mazda 3 Neo for the good wife, and was most impressed. So after running out of repairable options on the Disco, we set out for a CX 5. Mate....what a car! Should have done it years ago. So much better, refined and much quieter, and the maintenance would be too easy(any maintenance would be too easy after a Landrover!) Anyway that nightmare lasted 13 years so it wasn't that bad.

Looking at having the CX 5 for that long again so we'll see how we go.

Last edited:
This past weekend I installed LED interior lights (replaced stock lights) as well as putting on wheel spacers (20mm for the fronts; 25mm for the rears). This weekend I am going have 3.5" brushed metal exhaust tips welded on.

tip_005__73877.1446498114.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/3-5-brushed-double-wall-exhaust-tip-3-0-weld-on/

I'll try to post photos this weekend once the tips are installed......but I will be busy watching the 24 Hours of Daytona!! :D

Check Aliexpress, ebay or Amazon all you want.... these are DAMN good quality!

Trust, I checked all those sites, and I was initially going to get the cheap ebay or aliexpress $40 pair that just clamp on, but I definitely wanted double-walled 3.5" pipes, and those were a bit of a rarity.

These have a very solid feel to them, so I am very sure they're of a much higher quality compared to the cheaper options.

Last edited:
Did you look at Magnaflow (domestic)? Mine were two for that price and also very high quality.

I'm more focused on performance so I left the stock tips bare for lighter weight. Saved me a bunch of money also. I like the rad and minimalistic "bare bones" look too.

I would pass on clamp ons as well. Tacky af. Just right now, the price of steel is very low in CN. I was able to order multiple 45 and 90 degree 2/2.5" SS elbows, at about half the price of a us source, shipped.. Of course those are brushed vs just polished. Myself, I will be looking for tips soon as I finish my exhaust.

Back