What happend to the uni?

UniChip backed out on the agreed plan from what I understand. They said one price then when it came down too it they said another one and then bumped up the GB to 50 cars. Like there are 50 MS3's in a local area all willing to get a $600 part at once.

Had they followed through, even at a loss, and their product was good then they would have got a lot of sales based on word of mouth. They would have recouped any loss in time. Specially when their product was not plug and play yet and the people who were going to get it were the more modded people in the area and active on all the forums (myself included).

However, now the word of mouth is about how they crawfished on the deal thus ruining the day of 7-10 people who really were looking forward to using their product.

At least that's how I understand it.

Last edited:
That sucks, they could have done their research and development for a cheap cost. Instead now they are going to have to pay someone and cross their fingers based on that one car. Well if they are listening cars are very different and a lot of companies are making parts so they are going to find cars with a lot of combinations. I'm sure they would have seen most of those combos with the group buy they had set up with you.

Back