What do you do when...

mazdaspeedpower

Contributor
:
2003.5 Titanium MSP
What do you do when life is not going your way, when everything looks bad like it's never gonna end. Whats your release? What do you do to either distract you from all the s***/cope with whatever feelings this s*** causes. I just kinda need to find some new outlets, something more healthy.

I listen to emo music while I cut my wrists and feel the pain, pain that I truly deserve.

Either that, or I find something to do like lift weights or hike or something.

- I am just playin bro. I feel like crap sometimes. Hell, I just got out of the Air Force after 6 years and I make 11 damn dollars an hour. Hopefully I can get going here soon. No BS on exercise. It helps out and you look and feel better. Try kickboxing. Get a bag and learn how to hit an kick it correctly.

jersey_emt said:
Take your car to a big empty parking lot and do a bunch of e-brake slides and drifts

driving of even less stress to the car caused the tranny to fail...I'll lay off the heavy driving.lol.

65racecoupe said:
I listen to emo music while I cut my wrists and feel the pain, pain that I truly deserve.

lol
avatarhell_allhopedies_remember_kids.gif

but all joking aside, thats a horrible place to be, it sucks and I know it. But I've learned to move on and such a stage in life is behind me. I'm just still trying to find positive ways to deal and get s*** out of my system. SO far drinking heavily seems to be working, but that isn't healthy. Also, in accordance to 'Haggard' a great movie, I've been smashing bottles, and digging holes while burning wood...also not helping.lol. I just try to have a positive attitude overall, but sometimes it's hard ya know.

I hear the working out, it helps me too, but with my current job I'm too tired to work out when I'm off. Very pysical job, at first I lost ten pounds..now I've put it back on..and I feel a million times better than before. I do go biking alot to help get bad feelings out. Some hardcore x-country and downhill/free-ride stuff.

I do alot of things, I just kinda wanna hear what the rest of you guys do ya know? Interest in your lives if you will.

I just live like a hermit and stay away from social contact for a while. Pull a disappearing act and let things boil over or simmer down then "start fresh" again.

meh, not a fan of that, but it definatly works sometimes. Also very good to get away from people sometimes, as I am a firm hater of not one type of person, but all of them. I meet a person with no feelings, and upon first impression, I either hate you or like you...period. I hate most, but if I don't hate you, I like you, and you get treated as such. The people I hate I just avoid and steer clear of, I'm not an asshole to them, unless they persue me over and over, then I'm a giant dick until they **** off. Some people say I'm anti-social..if I was I wouldn't have the friends I do.

auto-x.....although u can't just go do that whenever u want to unless u have a big parking lot and a whole bunch of cones in ur garage...

Try to realize there is more to life than the "bulls***" that is pissing you off.

I take my pistol to the range, ride a bike HARD..like pedal the s*** out of it, play basketball or something, like others have said, workingout helps

before I effed up my knees I used to go to a baseball training center, get a bucket of balls and go to the bullpen.. A radar gun and a bucket of baseballs is an excellent way to relieve stress.

seanmcsean said:
before I effed up my knees I used to go to a baseball training center, get a bucket of balls and go to the bullpen.. A radar gun and a bucket of baseballs is an excellent way to relieve stress.

(mswerd) a hard day at work or tough times usually end up with me playing basketball at the gym

Sports like Adult coed softball or something.

Be a big brother or look into helping the youth of your community.

Honestly, Ive found that helping other people makes me feel better about myself because it actually gives me a purpose in life.

As mentioned earlier, punching bags are great. Just keep attacking, while thinking about all the things that piss you off, until you can barely lift your arms, or stand. lol Get some good gloves too. I didn't at first, and my knuckles were torn to hell. Heck, I could barely move my fingers for a while after that. Not good. lol It feels so good to just explode like that. Really, any hobby or odd/distracting tasks can be good, as long as they're time consuming, and require almost all of your attention. I shoot, game, mtn bike, tweak computers, read, and spend way too much time researching products online(you know, things I plan to get, or want). I'm also into r/c. Exspensive(what isn't), but fun. The only thing that sucks about r/c, is if you go to a school on the weekends to run the thing, you ALWAYS draw a small crowd. I hate that. Running a r/c monster truck at 20-35mph on dirt is pure fun though. (blah) (thumb)

Also, FunkyBuddha's reccomendation is a good one too. It's nice to just stop everything, avoid everyone, and do absolutey nothing. Whatever you would do on your day off, such as go online, read/watch the news, go out, whatever; skip it all. Just stay home for a day, and do nothing except watch crappy movies on tv, and clear your mind for the day. To each his own though. The best idea : do whatever the hell you want to. (rockon) Whatever you think will help probably will.

I have found a cool place to go. My friend lives on a lake with his parents, and across from their house is a little hut thingy that they own. It has been furnished and carpeted and serves as a cottage. It has a couch, chair, one of those couch beds, a bar, a fire pit, and a tv/vcr/dvd/stereo. I just recently got a key for the place, and now I can go whenever. It's perfect for me, cause sitting out back of the place there is nothing, complete silence and nature. I was there last night and I love it.

i usually sit by the lake here in chicago...and just listen to the water...at nite its relaxing and i can think about anything or nothin....and its pitch black cause ur lookin out at nothin...very nice and relaxing

Back