What do u think about the new 2009 Mazda 6?

A longer wheelbase means a modifying the already revised CD3 platform, which in turn is a step away from achieving economies of scale and better cost structures.

You might be right, but man that would be a tough sell to Mazda and the Ford mothership especially when Mullally is desperately trying to find cost efficiencies.

Oh, no doubt about it for the first gen and the US version is longer mainly due to bumper size. However, my point is that it most likely wouldn't be the case for the 2nd gen. The US version will look similar to the European and Japanese version, but larger (i.e. longer wheelbase) to accommodate Americans' need (bigger behind).

To quote info posted by chisss earlier:

The statement is pretty vague, so we'll see. Again, I do think we are getting a larger 6. If that's really the case, thumbs down to Mazda.

Another indication about the larger US version:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3383289&postcount=7

This is posted on page 7 of this thread. They don't look the same size to me.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3389496&postcount=97

A longer wheelbase means a modifying the already revised CD3 platform, which in turn is a step away from achieving economies of scale and better cost structures.

You might be right, but man that would be a tough sell to Mazda and the Ford mothership especially when Mullally is desperately trying to find cost efficiencies.

Maybe the revised CD3 is made more flexible. The CUVs and Mazda 8 (Japanese MPV) version of the CD3 all have flexible wheelbases ranging from 116.1 inches in the Mazda8 to 111.2 inches in the Ford Edge, the CX-9 is at 113.2 inches. While at it, the EUCD platform is also flexible, almost every single EUCD based Volvo or European Ford all have varying wheelbases.

2009 Mazda6 here released 2 months ago

Sorry guys, i never posted much here and less now since my Mazda 323 (Protege) was totalled 2 months ago, anyways here in Dominican Republic (Caribbean) we have had the new 2009 Mazda6 since March 13 when it was officially released. Here is a link to one selling here at a local dealer

http://super-carros.com/reg/do/usad...9000000&vs_ano_min=1980&vs_ano_max=2008&page=

That one is the entry-level with the 2.0L

Here's of another one at other local dealer but this is the full version with 2.5L

http://super-carros.com/reg/do/usad...9000000&vs_ano_min=1980&vs_ano_max=2008&page=

Here in D.R we get cars with JDM/EDM specs, but always left-hand drive so we usually get less-powerfull engines that you guys dont as well as the ones you get. Hope you like the pics, personally i've been inside the car and it feels AWSOME.

Sorry guys, i never posted much here and less now since my Mazda 323 (Protege) was totalled 2 months ago, anyways here in Dominican Republic (Caribbean) we have had the new 2009 Mazda6 since March 13 when it was officially released. Here is a link to one selling here at a local dealer

That one is the entry-level with the 2.0L

Here's of another one at other local dealer but this is the full version with 2.5L

Here in D.R we get cars with JDM/EDM specs, but always left-hand drive so we usually get less-powerfull engines that you guys dont as well as the ones you get. Hope you like the pics, personally i've been inside the car and it feels AWSOME.

Post pics when you do get one please! :)

I went to mazda on saturday they told me that they will have the 2009 mazda 6 this week. I was like cool and they were like should i call you when it gets here. I was like yea i will like to take it for a test drive, but i told them i am still wateing on that mazda speed 6 so dont stop looking for one for me. They said we will try to find one for me but i guess we will see.

OK wait a min, yeah 2009 Mazda 6 is coming out for sure. GOT IT.
but In all the mazda mags, they said that they are not sure if the Mazdaspeed 6 is gonna be EVEN made for 2009 or 2010. i mean that WOULD be sweet tho. and some ruomors going around that if they do make a mazdaspeed 6 that it wont be in Amercia, only in japan and Europe.
This is because the models are actually alittle bit dffierent the american one is a tad bigger, so they said it wont be worth it to make another sperate speed 6 just for america.
CAUSE I WANNA BUY one, but if this is true ill just the 2007 msp 6 which still looks really nice

But i found a Picture of the new mazdaSPEED 6 for 2009 if it comes out.

Attachments

• 2008-mazda6-mps-concept1.jpg
    2008-mazda6-mps-concept1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 2008-mazda6-mps-concept12.jpg
    2008-mazda6-mps-concept12.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 178
there will probably NOT be a mazdaspeed version in the US, at least in the next couple years.

i feel like a broken record...

That's not a Mazdaspeed6.

Like Wannabe, I too feel like a broken record.

oh ok thanks for clarifying that for me man, so basically what is been said, which i can agree with is that this technically might not be a speed 6 or well it isnt casue there are no engine upgrades.
its just a mazda atenza/6 with a body kit.
and some nice rims. ( it still looks really nice tho).
and does anyone know if the new mazda 6, V6 engine is the ford engine, or is it mazdas?

so if i want a really speed 6, the 2007 model would be really the only one to go, but the new mazda 6 has 270 hp as well, V6 model and liter from what i heard. so whats gonna be faster, the speed 6 or the new Mazda 6 v6.????

oh ok thanks for clarifying that for me man, so basically what is been said, which i can agree with is that this technically might not be a speed 6 or well it isnt casue there are no engine upgrades.
its just a mazda atenza/6 with a body kit.
and some nice rims. ( it still looks really nice tho).
and does anyone know if the new mazda 6, V6 engine is the ford engine, or is it mazdas?

so if i want a really speed 6, the 2007 model would be really the only one to go, but the new mazda 6 has 270 hp as well, V6 model and liter from what i heard. so whats gonna be faster, the speed 6 or the new Mazda 6 v6.????

Driving both, the MS6 is still quicker. Edmunds times support this. 0-60 for the 2009 is 6.4, where the MS6 is about 5.4 or less. The 09 is a smoother acceleration, but its also an automatic.

unless you like automatics, the new 6 V6 isn't even an option

unless you like automatics, the new 6 V6 isn't even an option

Granted I'm not one to drive an auto (haven't owned one yet), but the new 6's auto isn't all that bad. In manumatic, its very responsive, and it allows you to rev it pretty high even in D. I've driven plenty of slushboxes that were far worse than this.

There's no clear answer to that one given that both companies share a lot of development with the engine. The engine in the 2G Mazda6 is essentially a Ford D35 that has been bored an extra 3mm to yield a displacement of 3.7L. Dubbed the MZI by Mazda, this power plant was first introduced in the CX-9. As far as I know, only Mazda's Ujina plant in Hiroshima, Japan produces the MZI.

Traditionally, Mazdaspeed vehicles are good indicators of the performance of the next gen vehicle. For example, the MS6 was around 270 hp and the 2g Mazda6 is around the same number.

Which one is faster? Tough to tell. There's not a lot of data on the 2G 6. Besides, the 2g Mazda6 is FWD and automatic (V6), while the MS6 is AWD and manual.

The stick and awd will definately get the Speed6 to 60 faster with a good driver, but after 60 MPH its probably pretty close.

Edmunds is the only ones to publish recorded times for the 09 V6 so far. They ran 0-60 in 6.4sec and 1/4 mile in 14.6sec. Edmunds is typically a little slower than Mototrend, they will probaly lay down 14.4-14.5sec. Most magazine ran the Speed6 14.0-14.3sec. Speed6 should be a little quicker down low.

Now as far as ride and handling they would be 2 completely different experiences.

Back