What did you pay for your Mazda3 w/ Taxes and Fees?

OK, final answer, here's what I got:

2014 Mazda3 iTouring 5dr HB, Manual Trans, in Blue Reflex Mica from a Motor Trend dealer in Ohio, app $18,500 before tax/title/license, about $20,150 OTD including $250 dealer doc fees and $1360 local taxes and $33.50 for title/license.

Purchased 3/31/2014 with $1000 Mazda owner (1999 Miata) loyalty credit.

PS: thanks to cxpmaz for the advice during my buying/decision making process.

Last edited:
2014 s Touring Hatchback in Deep Crystal Blue 24,607 out the door. No taxes in NH.

$50 equity on trade, $1500 DP. 750 Loyalty, 250 finance cash. Loan is for 23,047, 2.9%.
The credit score Mazda pulled is 27 points lower than my CreditKarma score.

Just bought a 2014 S Touring Sedan in Deep Crystal Blue with Interior Lighting Kit: $24000 before taxes and fees, $25920 OTD with no incentives or rebates. The MSRP is $25640.

Mazda 3 HB S GT with Tech Package and backup sensors $28200 sale $29400 OTD Houston TX. I had a trade in but the payoff on my car was equal to trade in so I saved on just taxes. no incentives.1.9% 60 month. Yet to pick my car up.

Hey guys.. first time poster here.. i am planning to buy a Mazda3 4dr - i-Grand touring sedan with soul red metallic. I contacted a couple dealers and was able to get one down to 23,250 + tax, fees etc.. he is also going to throw in a couple of free services. should i try to negotiate for a bit more or is this a good deal?

Hey guys.. first time poster here.. i am planning to buy a Mazda3 4dr - i-Grand touring sedan with soul red metallic. I contacted a couple dealers and was able to get one down to 23,250 + tax, fees etc.. he is also going to throw in a couple of free services. should i try to negotiate for a bit more or is this a good deal?
I got mine for $22,200 but I am sure all this is very area specific. Plus I had to special order mine, so it will take a while before I get mine. Mine is also the HB version, not sedan.

Last edited:
I got mine for $22,200 but I am sure all this is very area specific. Plus I had to special order mine, so it will take a while before I get mine. Mine is also the HB version, not sedan.

That's an amazing deal if you got the HB version of the i-grand touring model. That models Msrp is 25,390 with the soul red metallic color and if you got it for 22,200, you got 3000$ off the sticker price, which is more than 10% off..(boom07).. i went to a couple dealers and two of them straight up refused to go down to 23,250 and one guy after a lot of haggling agreed to match this quote..

Any special discount?
Military or loyalty, etc.
To help others compare.

The only discount I was given is for driving a competing-type vehicle now ($500 off for non-Mazda car owners). They are also letting me drive a loaner until my car gets here.

This was for a 2014 I GT HB snowflake white

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to buy a blue, gray, or black 2014 Mazda3 s GT with almond interior.

I have 2 questions... Why is it so rare to find the almond interior other than with red? Seems like the coastal dealers seem to be the only ones with some variety.

The second one is that my best quote seems to be about $27,900 (dealers are still trying to push $28,500) out the door, and I'm getting taxed 9% in Los Angeles. It seems like the San Diego members seem to be getting the lowest prices. Can anyone lead me to a LA/OC salesman willing to sell at the similar price? I would jump at $27,500 or lower. :)

The local Mazda dealer sent me an Internet price today of $24,900 for a Blue Reflex S GT Hatch. The MSRP is $27,290. I think this is a very good price, as it seems $26k has been the average price in this area. I was actually surprised it came in that low. Of course, that is before Dealer Fees, Tax/Title, but I was expecting them to quote me closer to $26k. Hoping that does not include any incentives, as I would expect to get an additional $500 for current Mazda owner loyalty (I have a 1999 Miata). FYI, this is in Charlotte, NC area. Thoughts?

Debbadoo12, that's a great price if it doesn't include any incentives! I got my S Touring sedan for 7.4% below MSRP after tough negotiating with no incentives, and you're already at 8.8% below MSRP. They probably say it's a no-hassle price, but it's worth trying to shave a couple hundred more off with a little "hassle". Either way, looks like a good price.

Debbadoo12, that's a great price if it doesn't include any incentives! I got my S Touring sedan for 7.4% below MSRP after tough negotiating with no incentives, and you're already at 8.8% below MSRP. They probably say it's a no-hassle price, but it's worth trying to shave a couple hundred more off with a little "hassle". Either way, looks like a good price.

I confirmed they would still give me the additional $500 loyalty owner discount on top of that price and no dealer add-ons, so that brings it down to $24,400! Still struggling to pull the trigger, as I would be downsizing from a Subaru Outback and losing a lot of cargo space. I generally don't need all the cargo space I have, but I have tapped into at times when traveling on vacation with beach gear and dogs, etc. I know I could make do with a smaller car and would love the savings in gas mileage too. Also tempted to wait until the 2015 models come out. Hmmm.... what to do.

I haven't made the final decision yet but for now I have received an otd price of $22,205 for the iTouring with a technology package. I'm currently trying to see if the dealer can do the same price for the white one since the price I was offered was for the black model. I'm not sure though, should I take the deal or will I be able to work it a bit more? (sorry new to the whole buying a car experience).

Last edited:
Bargain from invoice, not MSRP. I was quoted $300 below invoice + $500 loyalty bonus reduction.

Debbadoo12,
Look at it this way: How often do you go on vacation? It is probably less expensive to rent a larger vehicle, only when you need it, compared to driving a large vehicle, all the time.
Plus, you will have sooo much more fun, driving a Mazda vs an Outback.

Bargain from invoice, not MSRP. I was quoted $300 below invoice + $500 loyalty bonus reduction.

Debbadoo12,
Look at it this way: How often do you go on vacation? It is probably less expensive to rent a larger vehicle, only when you need it, compared to driving a large vehicle, all the time.
Plus, you will have sooo much more fun, driving a Mazda vs an Outback.

This is exactly what I was thinking. My driving is dominantly commuter traffic to/from work 26 miles round trip. My route has some nice windy roads through high-end neighborhoods, so it would be very enjoyable driving the 3. I utilize the cargo area in my Subie maybe once or twice a year. My passengers (at lunch time) do like having a roomy back seat, thus I always seem to drive because I have the "bus" as I like to call it. It really is more vehicle than I need, though. I also much prefer the agility and ease of parking of a smaller vehicle. They are hungry to make a deal, so I may just do it!

You will never regret it!

I hope to get one, shortly after I sell my Corvette.

It will compliment my MX5, nicely.

You will never regret it!

I hope to get one, shortly after I sell my Corvette.

It will compliment my MX5, nicely.

I currently have a Miata, as well. A 1999 10th Anniversary Edition. I might sell it, though, if the 3 provides enough zip for me. I can always get a newer model Miata later in my life. My 10th anniversary edition sure is pretty though!

Last edited:
I currently have a Miata, as well. A 1999 10th Anniversary Edition. I might sell it, though, if the 3 provides enough zip for me. I can always get a newer model Miata later in my life. My 10th anniversary edition sure if pretty though!

I had a 1999 10th Anniversary Edition as well. Sold it 7 years ago but missed it so I bought a used 2008 MX-5 GT w/ PRHT and 6 spd. It is much smoother, quieter, and faster. I still have it along with my M3 iGT hatch auto that I purchased at the end of March. Am enjoying both cars and am pleased with the M3's overall package and great gas mileage (34 mpg combined). Plus no squeaks or rattles.

Latest posts

Back