What did you pay for your CX-5?

Honestly, I was surprised that a dealer offered 2% over invoice. I was expecting to pay 3% or more since the CX-5 is pretty popular around here and they don't seem to have any trouble moving them off lots. I'll give a mention to Morrey Mazda in North Vancouver since they're the ones that initially contacted me through unhaggle.com with that pricing. I ended up going with a different dealer who matched the price because of location for servicing.

I paid $34,000 (plus taxes) here in Winnipeg for the 2014 Mazda CX5 GT AWD. (Non Tech)
Didn't get any extra's except a Mazda Travel Mug!

I paid $34,000 (plus taxes) here in Winnipeg for the 2014 Mazda CX5 GT AWD. (Non Tech)
Didn't get any extra's except a Mazda Travel Mug!

How much was your final invoice price, if you don't mind me asking?

For my 2014 CX5 GS AWD, roof racks and crossbars, all-weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, Mazda remote start, block heater, wheel lock nuts, just under $37400 all-in. I was happy at the time, and I thought I bargained hard, but who knows whether it was a good deal or not......!

[EDIT] Calculating it back myself, I probably paid spot on $33k pre-tax. You got the bump to the GT, I got heaps of accessories. Seems about right! :)

Last edited:
How much was your final invoice price, if you don't mind me asking?

For my 2014 CX5 GS AWD, roof racks and crossbars, all-weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, Mazda remote start, block heater, wheel lock nuts, just under $37400 all-in. I was happy at the time, and I thought I bargained hard, but who knows whether it was a good deal or not......!

[EDIT] Calculating it back myself, I probably paid spot on $33k pre-tax. You got the bump to the GT, I got heaps of accessories. Seems about right! :)

It was $34,000. With our insane 13% tax came to: $38459.55 - there was a $35 financing fee in there.
When I was signing the papers they tried to tack on some $400 charge for anti-theft. I told them remove that charge otherwise I wont sign it. They removed it.
This was at Crown Mazda.
Gerry Gordon wanted $36500 ($41245.) They wouldn't budget on the price and were extremely rude to me.

It did come with a Block heater and Wheel Lock Nutz. Those are pretty standard though.
I did put in a Remote Car Starter for $700 (including taxes) (by Advanced Electronics). 2Way - 1.6KM Range

Last edited:
It was $34,000. With our insane 13% tax came to: $38459.55 - there was a $35 financing fee in there.

Yeah, I think we both did pretty well then. I went to Crown as well, and the usual sales song-and-dance wasn't too bad. I had my test drive and deal done and dusted in under 3 hours.

Funny thing about the anti-theft labeling and insurance...... I told the salesman straight up before he came back with his first price that it was one thing I was absolutely not going to pay for. He tried to sell me on the benefits of the insurance payout for upgrading to a new car, so I asked him how much it was going to save me compared with Autopac new car insurance, making it clear I knew it was far more expensive with fewer benefits. It was about then he realised that I had properly done my research, wasn't going to take salesman B/S, and things moved really nicely after that.

When I took delivery, it still had all the anti-theft labels on it anyway. Obviously I can't claim the insurance, but it just goes to show how enormous the markup must be if they just put it on every single car that comes through regardless of whether or not the customer pays for it.

Yeah, I think we both did pretty well then. I went to Crown as well, and the usual sales song-and-dance wasn't too bad. I had my test drive and deal done and dusted in under 3 hours.

Funny thing about the anti-theft labeling and insurance...... I told the salesman straight up before he came back with his first price that it was one thing I was absolutely not going to pay for. He tried to sell me on the benefits of the insurance payout for upgrading to a new car, so I asked him how much it was going to save me compared with Autopac new car insurance, making it clear I knew it was far more expensive with fewer benefits. It was about then he realised that I had properly done my research, wasn't going to take salesman B/S, and things moved really nicely after that.

When I took delivery, it still had all the anti-theft labels on it anyway. Obviously I can't claim the insurance, but it just goes to show how enormous the markup must be if they just put it on every single car that comes through regardless of whether or not the customer pays for it.

Hello Fellow Canucks,

It is unfortunate that we, in the north, don't get the deals and much lower prices that our southern neighbours seem to enjoy; not to mention our ridiculously high sales taxes (13% GST here in Ontario too). In comparison to what you gentlemen paid, I feel like I did okay too.

However, I'm not sure I'm comparing 'apples to apples'. My mother and I both traded our vehicles in on two nearly identical CX-5's and also received two Apple iPad Airs (which were a part of Mazda's December promotion).

On December 30th, 2013, we signed the paperwork to buy 2 - 2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT's which were delivered last week. Turned out both were the 'safer' 2014.5 models. Leaving aside our trade-in values (which, in and of themselves were thousands of dollars higher than offered by one Honda and two other Mazda dealers); the prices (before 13% taxes and trade-ins) were as follows:

Mine - with 'Weathertech' style OEM Floor Liners and Dealer installed Trailer Hitch with Wiring Harness included - $33,356.12

Mom's - with 'Weathertech' style OEM Floor Liners - $32,985.20

plus the bonus iPad Airs (worth almost $590 each, after taxes)

Also, since we were trading-in our vehicles, we didn't have to pay the GST on their values; only on the price of vehicles after deducting the value of the trade-ins.

I did quite a bit of 'tire-kicking' on other vehicles and brands and also Mazda dealer comparisons beforehand. I also used unhaggle.com to get an idea of the dealer's cost of the vehicle and how much negotiating room there was. I think that my early research and the fact that it was the month-end, year-end and that the 2015's were already on order, helped tremendously in the negotiations and it was really a rather quick (about 2 hours) and painless affair once I had decided on a dealership and we got down to 'brass tacks'.

All in all, we are very happy with the vehicles and feel we got a good price. What more could you ask for? Although, in hindsight, I kind of wish I'd sprung for the Tech package.

Hey guys/girls, I am ready to buy my CX-5 (also my first Mazda) now, and would like to see if you all think the following deal is great or not. Thanks in advance!!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 6-speed manual in Meteor Gray Mica, w/roof rack:
36 Months Lease, 10k/yr
$690 Drive Off
$301 + tax

Last edited:
Bought for about ~$900 below invoice in CA. Dealers looked at me like I was insane when I threw that price at them but there are enough SoCal dealers on the internet who were willing to make the deal that I just walked on two dealerships. A fleet sales manager eventually gave me the Meteor Grey 2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech and Wheel Locks.

Actually, two other internet division sales were willing to make the deal but couldn't locate the car. Will never deal with in-dealership sales again; the BS they throw at you is a waste of time and energy.

Last edited:
Just picked mine up yesterday, 2014 Touring Silver in SoCal.

I paid $2K under MSRP. No freebies, though.

Edit: Maybe more like $1200 under MSRP. I learned that their MSRP included delivery.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Deep Crystal Blue CX-5, GT AWD with Tech Pkg. Paid $28,840 before tax and tags. Maryland. Good trade. Good rebates. .9% financing. Just the perfect storm that it was time to trade in our 2003 Subaru Forester. Big difference.

This past Tuesday bought a black Gt w/tech, remote start, roof rails, and retract cargo cover....$29274 + tax. Financed at 0.9%.

We are looking to replace our Audi A6 Avant which has reached the point of expensive repairs. We drove the CRV, RAV4 and CX-5 and loved the CX-5 GT with tech. This will be the new car, I feel sure. We are not in immediate need to buy, though and the time frame can be 3-12 months. What is your advice about when to buy? When might there be rebates, what time of year can we get the best deal do you think? (Looking in South Central Indiana). Thanks.

We are looking to replace our Audi A6 Avant which has reached the point of expensive repairs. We drove the CRV, RAV4 and CX-5 and loved the CX-5 GT with tech. This will be the new car, I feel sure. We are not in immediate need to buy, though and the time frame can be 3-12 months. What is your advice about when to buy? When might there be rebates, what time of year can we get the best deal do you think? (Looking in South Central Indiana). Thanks.

You might want to consider buying a 2014.5 from the existing stock soon, as it appears that the 2015 model year (on the way to showrooms in the next few weeks) has had no upgrades or refinements of note. I would think that the dealers would be anxious to get rid of their existing stock and would be willing to aggressively discount to make room for the "new" model year.

I recognize that you quoted a 3 -12 month time frame; but, if you are convinced that the CX-5 is the vehicle you want to buy, I can't think of a better time to get a good deal.

If it is still too soon for you, I would suggest to try to negotiate with the dealer at or near their month end, as it is my experience they are more motivated to negotiate in order to 'meet their numbers' for the month. I don't know what rebates Mazda will offer and the timing of them.

Need some opinions on how I did here - Haven't pulled the trigger, but I'm close.

2014.5 Meteor Gray Touring w/w moonroof/bose for $25895 (If I would have bought tonight it would have been 25500).

+nearly 3k in TTL and dest charges.

I don't like being rushed and my car needed to be cleaned out which is why I didn't want to jump so quickly. Did I do good or can I do much better?

Need some opinions on how I did here - Haven't pulled the trigger, but I'm close.

2014.5 Meteor Gray Touring w/w moonroof/bose for $25895 (If I would have bought tonight it would have been 25500).

+nearly 3k in TTL and dest charges.

I don't like being rushed and my car needed to be cleaned out which is why I didn't want to jump so quickly. Did I do good or can I do much better?

That's a pretty good deal. I think invoice on Edmunds for that combo is $26,624. Although TTL and dest for $3k seems high.

Which dealership gave you that deal?

That's a pretty good deal. I think invoice on Edmunds for that combo is $26,624. Although TTL and dest for $3k seems high.

Which dealership gave you that deal?

Open Road in East Brunswick. I have another dealer who says they can beat the 25500, so I'll be waiting for their quote and hopefully buying this weekend. Can't wait to be back in the Mazda family.

As for the 3k, it makes sense. $1785 for tax + 795 Destination + $150 for reg = 2730 with the rest going to Doc fees. Which I will fight to the death.

Open Road in East Brunswick. I have another dealer who says they can beat the 25500, so I'll be waiting for their quote and hopefully buying this weekend. Can't wait to be back in the Mazda family.

As for the 3k, it makes sense. $1785 for tax + 795 Destination + $150 for reg = 2730 with the rest going to Doc fees. Which I will fight to the death.

I'd have to think if you walked back in there and said you were ready to buy but only if you get the 25500 price they offered, they'd do it. I hate that high-pressure tactic.

Tried that tonight with no luck. In the end what is $500 in the grand scheme of things.

Signed the papers and but down a deposit tonight. Will be the new owner of a CX-5 tomorrow!

$28k even for a 2014 GT AWD in Soul Red. Tax and plate transfer not included in that. just under $30k driven off the lot. Chicago area.

In the end what is $500 in the grand scheme of things.

If they promised you a price and didn't honor it, the "grand scheme of things" is their dishonorable business practices. In the grand scheme of things, walk out. Every time we the consumer choose to "just pay the extra because, well, it's only X dollars" you teach them to do that to the next guy b/c they will likely get away with it. Don't let emotion run the negotiation! If your car caught fire in their lot and you needed a new car that day, I get it. That $500 is chalked up to bad circumstance and they got you. However, under any normal circumstances you should stick to your guns. $500 buys a whole lotta lotta chedda.

1) It's a set of new tires.
2) It is a set of roof rails, racks and all weather mats
3) It is a remote start option
4) etc

Back