What did you pay for your 08 CX-9

0.0% APR on all 2008 CX-9 Models!

This just announced. You can now get 0.0% APR for 36 months on any 2008 Mazda CX-9 model!

Before, it used to be 1.9% for 36 months.

Zoom Zoom!

08 Brilliant Black GT AWD
GT Assist
Moonroof/Bose
Tow Package
Satellite
Homelink Mirror
Roof Rails
Blind Spot Monitoring
All Weather Floor Mats

MSRP $41,315 Invoice $37,788
Paid $37,715 plus had them throw in splash guards ($125)

By the way after buying the car and realizing that the aux input didn't work with the Satellite I complained and they are splitting the cost of the switchbox with me.

Would appreciate any help and suggestions from anyone.

Wife wants a cx9 - just not interested in any of the other crossovers.

We want grand touring ( she likes the chrome handles, fog light and mirror indicators) leather ( sand....black makes the inside look a bit too dark to us) and wants the Bose/ Moonroof, blindspot warning (like it in test drive) roof rack, splash, all weather mats, ...

We drove the car we wanted...really loaded - the sticker was about 39100 ish...Moonroof, bose, grand touring NAV ( I really do not want this...2500 bucks) BSwarning, roof rack, "cool key thingy" etc.

The sticker on the car like I said was 39100 ish. I think the S plan price will be 36100 plus I think they said a 70 dollar document fee...instead of a normal 249. On the invoice I was looking at, the Splan was the same price as the invoice price......My first question is....is that right? Second question - should I expect being able to buy on 08 cx9 grand touring FWD at below invoice, or am I greedy? Last....can I get a back up camera without getting the NAV system? 2500 is a bunch for that?

Any suggestions on how close to invoice one should expect to pay on these cars would be appreciated.

People are definitely getting sale prices below invoice (without including tax/title/license), there's no reason you can't get the same.

You can't get the backup camera in the dash without getting the GT Assistance package, which includes navigation and the power rear door. But, Mazda does have an accessory mirror with a smaller monitor in it for a backup camera added later. There are two different part #'s, 0000-8f-n01 for $315, and 0000-8F-N04 for $360. I don't know if you need one, the other, or both, but you should talk to your dealer's parts guy. Check out http://accessories.mazdausa.com.

Last edited:
On the invoice I was looking at, the Splan was the same price as the invoice price......My first question is....is that right? Second question - should I expect being able to buy on 08 cx9 grand touring FWD at below invoice, or am I greedy? Last....can I get a back up camera without getting the NAV system? 2500 is a bunch for that?

I can get S-plan pricing through my company, and indeed you will be paying invoice. In fact, the invoice price is exactly the same as Edmunds. You might want to ask your dealer if you can get invoice -$500...my dealer mentioned something like that in passing.

I am getting a GT, but no sunroof (don't like the fact they bundle an overpriced Bose system with it), no NAV (I bought a $300 Garmin instead), and no DVD (dealer can install a bigger screen for half the price). My only options are: backup camera built into the rearview mirror; Sirius; roof rack; splash guards. I think I *had* to get the blind spot system, since it now comes standard. Not sure if I have to pay extra for that or not...

The Bose system in the CX-9 is nice, much better than the standard four paper cone woofers and cheap tweets in the dash, the sunroof only sweetens the deal.

IMO if I we're to do it again I would have gotten the Bose/Sunroof.

yep, s-plan is invoice. I just got mine last week using it. I probably could have gotten a few hundred under, but I didn't want to spend the time haggling and I was in/out of the dealership in 90 minutes (including test drive).

I like the rear camera with the assist pkg. Nice big screen. I was tempted to go with the mirror screen, but I could not find a dealer who had one to look at. It would have been nice to get it without the nav, but I've never had one, so it's a fun toy for now.

I can get S-plan pricing through my company, and indeed you will be paying invoice. In fact, the invoice price is exactly the same as Edmunds. You might want to ask your dealer if you can get invoice -$500...my dealer mentioned something like that in passing.

I am getting a GT, but no sunroof (don't like the fact they bundle an overpriced Bose system with it), no NAV (I bought a $300 Garmin instead), and no DVD (dealer can install a bigger screen for half the price). My only options are: backup camera built into the rearview mirror; Sirius; roof rack; splash guards. I think I *had* to get the blind spot system, since it now comes standard. Not sure if I have to pay extra for that or not...

On my invoice, it shows the BSM and there is a cost that is added to the total of the car. Not sure why if it is standard. Unless.... they mean standard, but we'll charge you for it anyway.... (uhm)

S-plan

I got mine under the "S-Plan" but paid $500 under invoice. I guess it depends on what your dealer thinks the S-Plan really is. According to my BIL at Ford, he was told the Mazda S-Plan was list minus $500. You're also supposed to get any dealer incentives under the S-Plan as well although right now, there are none on the CX-9.

BTW, they never asked to see my PIN, so I am guessing I could have gotten to $500 below invoice by negotiating anyway. S-Plan, just made it a short conversation and easy sale.

Here's the S-Plan pricing PDF URL:

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/pdf/pricing/2008_MAZDACX9_SPLAN.pdf

Just got mine yesterday in New York. Got the Edmunds Invoice instantly without haggling. I am so used to having to fight for invoice price that I was caught off guard and I simply agreed. Now I realize I could have probably gotten 500 less like others are posting. I am not used to this idea of hidden dealer hold back incentives... The last car I bought new was a BMW M3 and I had to haggle just to get the price down to MSRP, so I am happy to have gotten 2 or 3 grand less than MSRP with the CX-9.
I opted to go for the 0% 3 year financing. With my cash sitting in my 4.9% savings account, I consider this like Mazda giving me free money. I didn't do the math but this 0% deal can probably save me an additional 2 grand over the 3 years, so that is almost like getting the car for 2 grand below invoice I guess. (in the long run)

The Bose does sound better than the stock radio at higher volumes, but it is disappointing when your are coming from an aftermarket system, or from a better system such as the Dynaudio in the Passat...man, that one sounds great.

The sunroof would have been nice. Too bad it wasn't a standalone option. With the $1700 I'm saving, I'm putting in a nice rear DVD system, so I guess it all balances out, especially if it distracts the kids on long trips.

Just got mine yesterday in New York. Got the Edmunds Invoice instantly without haggling. I am so used to having to fight for invoice price that I was caught off guard and I simply agreed. Now I realize I could have probably gotten 500 less like others are posting. I am not used to this idea of hidden dealer hold back incentives... The last car I bought new was a BMW M3 and I had to haggle just to get the price down to MSRP, so I am happy to have gotten 2 or 3 grand less than MSRP with the CX-9.
I opted to go for the 0% 3 year financing. With my cash sitting in my 4.9% savings account, I consider this like Mazda giving me free money. I didn't do the math but this 0% deal can probably save me an additional 2 grand over the 3 years, so that is almost like getting the car for 2 grand below invoice I guess. (in the long run)

I see you are from LI. Which dealer did you get the CX-9 from?

I agree the Bose is the worst "premium" stereo I have had in the last 4 cars.
It does sound pretty good at high volumes, but I often can't play music at that level with the kid in the car. At lower levels, Bose has a philosophy that the listener desires extra base and treble, with no midtones, as if there is a "loudness" button pressed that we cannot turn off. To me it sounds like I am wearing earmuffs. With all the expert sound engineers working at Bose, couldn't they give us a few preprogrammed EQ levels at least, for the money we spent on this stereo? Oh well, at least when you crank it it sounds decent. If this is all I have to complain about then the CX-9 is pretty much the perfect car.

I see you are from LI. Which dealer did you get the CX-9 from?

I first went to The Mazda dealer in Franklin square, but a became wary of lie after lie. For instance they would call me on day and say, "We found the red car you want, but you HAVE to take a beige interior." No, I don't.
THen they called and said, "You have to take a different color car. Mazda canceled Copper red. There is a recall on all the red cars."
THis had me laughing at first, but it got worse and worse. Eventually I pulled my deposit after they told me my car was damaged at the Port on the car carrier in Baltimore so I won't want it. First, the "port" is in NJ, not Baltimore. Second, they obviously lost their dealer trade for some reason. So I got my deposit back. DON'T GO TO FRANKLIN SQUARE MAZDA! The Managers are the biggest liars I have ever spoken to.

So I went with Country Mazda in Huntington. So far they are much better... But I won't give my full review of them until they complete the swap of my Remote start to the factory version. If they do this with no hassles, then I will recommend this dealer to anyone.

ready to buy....

ready to buy the cx-9 for my wife.

My questions,

1 - buying s plan - is that good enough, or should I push for under?

2- the only deal going is the 0% for 36 months. Any guess if there will be rebates pop in January....anyone know history on how they work?

Guess I am asking if I should go on and pull the trigger, or would it be better to wait a few weeks or into next year. We want pearl white, bose/moon, blind spot, and I guess my wife wants that $*%&$ back up camera in the NAV package...she also likes the lift gate idea in it too. ( Does the lift gate work off your key ...can you walk up and open your gate?

3) do you recc the all weather mats?

4) does the wind deflector make much of a difference in driving with the roof open?

one of the only things that chaps me on this car is there is no miles till empty even with buying a NAV package....my company car sable has it

1. Get at least $500 under invoice.

2. Rebates are anyone's guess, though I doubt they'll be very large (if at all)on the CX-9 given it's MotorTrend SUV award and good press. Dealers are always very motivated in Jan/Feb, but at invoice and below, there's not much room left.

You might also check on other events that tick over Jan. 1 in your area. In Illinois for instance, the doc fee goes from $58 to over $150.

3. I'm getting all weather mats from WeatherTech in lieu of OEMs.

4. ??? Shouldn't, but someone else can answer.

The lack of a $5 trip computer is annoying to many. On the other hand, you should never routinely run any vehicle down below 1/4 tank especially in the winter, so the 'miles remaining' feature is somewhat irrelevant to me.

It seems your wife wants all the gadgets - that's okay. You might show her some of the postings here and elsewhere as there is far from universal satisfaction with the BU camera and other features mentioned. I have found that once people spent the extra $$$$'s, the gadgets either become the best thing since sliced bread, or the source of endless buyer's remorse.

To each his/her own of course. The CX-9 is a great vehicle.

if you can get $500 under, great! it's end of year so they may want to get the cars off the lot. but if you want no haggle at a good price, s-plan is easy. Just watch for the other charges (dealer prep, etc).

0% vs 1.9% (which is what Mazda had before) is a savings of $1200 on $40k. Sometimes the deals come mid month, so check again on the 15th.

Here is my deal in SF Bay area taken in Oct, 2007

08 GT-AWD + Assistance + Moonroof/Bose package
MSRP $39510.00
Edmund's Invoice $36300.00, there is a $200 advertising fee so invoice is $36500. (all dealers in the SF bay area have this)
Selling price: $36250 - $750 rebate = $35500, so it is supposed to be $1000 below invoice (dealers like to include the rebate to make one think he's getting a great deal)
24 month 12k
money factor 0.00079 residual 64%

$1500 drive off, monthly payment $477 before CA tax.

Could have gotten a better deal in Sept on the same car, but I walked away.
Same dealer, same sale price, $500 rebate, MF 0.00059 residual 65%

Back