What color to paint RX-8s

:
2008.5 MG Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Hey guys I have a Metro Grey MS3 and am picking up a set of RX-8s for cheap. im looking to get them powdercoated at liquid powder coats. Any thoughts on colors or effects? Nothing ridiculous like hot pink plz.

www.liquidpowdercoats.com

yea sorry i am powdercoating. i was liking the gunmetal/black chrome/hyperblack areas but im worried itll come out looking like a bad paint match job

also any effects? black n red look sick but i dunno how it would look on a wheel....

3skulls%20big.jpg

Liquid does great work, good choice. I say gold or a bronze maybe. i think itll look awesome on a metro gray, but thats me.

Liquid does great work, good choice. I say gold or a bronze maybe. i think itll look awesome on a metro gray, but thats me.

i agree it would look good, but im worried it wouldnt look so hot on the wide spokes of the rx8s

whose good at photoshop???

Last edited:
True, if you have any photoshop skills you can get a general idea of how it'd look..or if you know of anyone who does.

what about a black with a metal flake, kinda like this? different degrees of flake.....

Biggs%20Silver%20Over%20Ink%20Black%20UPB%206018_P-0106.jpg

CRESCENT%20BLUE_SILVER%20OVER%20INK%20BLACK%20UPB%206025_P-0106.jpg

TWINKLE%20BLUE%20OVER%20INK%20BLACK%20PPB%205049_P-0106.jpg

I really like their 'Laser Bronze' color. I would definitely go metallic, possibly as close as you can to color match your car, aforementioned bronze, or a med. silver, that's a darker color than the OEM finish, but not quite a gunmetal/grey color.

i think i would go a little darker gold than the p5. bronze may be an option but i dont want to look like a subie wannabe. also one of the local speeds has gold rpf1s on a cwp.....gotta be different lol

I appreciate the responses guys keep em coming

i think i would go a little darker gold than the p5. bronze may be an option but i dont want to look like a subie wannabe. also one of the local speeds has gold rpf1s on a cwp.....gotta be different lol

I appreciate the responses guys keep em coming

Yeah, I think you've got some good ideas. I searched but can't find many grey with bronze pictures, which would be a good thing in your case. IMO, you've gotta do a deep bronze (preferrably metallic) to make it work with that color.

wow, that color grumypjap has is flippin' sick! almost like a bronzish gunmetal.

black is cool, but a bit boring. maybe with some flake it will have a bit more character...

ya thats a sickk color! gotta find out if they can colormatch tho

originally i was gonna pick up a set of those, but theyre 19's and i autox so superthin sidewalls are a no no

wow, that color grumypjap has is flippin' sick! almost like a bronzish gunmetal.

black is cool, but a bit boring. maybe with some flake it will have a bit more character...

problem is i know him personally lol, dont wanna be a copycat

ya thats a sickk color! gotta find out if they can colormatch tho

originally i was gonna pick up a set of those, but theyre 19's and i autox so superthin sidewalls are a no no

I'm thinking of getting a set of the 2009 18's which are the same style, but not gunmetal, forged, or outrageously expensive, then finishing them identical to the R3s. I did a set of wheels with Duplicolor wheel paint, and that color is very close to what I've seen of the R3 wheels in person. 19's would be nice, but I don't know what size tire I'd need to run, and thin sidewalls + MI roads don't go well together.

Back