What car did you trade in for your CX-5?

Traded in my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan with 248,000 miles on it. Husband wanted me to take it to a cool quarter mil, but I said no. I've had my CX-5 for a week and so far absolutely lovin' it. I drive 70 highway miles round trip to work. Wow, no more gas hog!

Last edited:
Traded my 2004 BMW 325Ci. I miss that car quite a bit, but the CX-5's sportiness has done an impressive job of keeping me happy when the road gets twisty.

We didn't trade anything in-the CX-5 is in addition to a Volvo S-80 and an F-150. Both get driven less which is good because the S-80 gets 24 MPG and the F-150 only gets 17 MPG. Plus, the CX-5 is a lot more fun to drive than either.

My previous car was a 2008 Volvo C70 D5 Geartronic.... Loved that car but it was absolutely useless in the snow, thats why I went for the AWD CX5.

Well the plan was to keep my CX-7 and trade my wifes toyota for something more interesting like maybe a Lotus or RX-7 but the CX-7 came to a violent death. It had been trouble free for 150,000 miles except for problems I caused by putting too aggressive brakes on it so we went for another Mazda. I do miss the Turbo :(

attachment.php

No trade, gave my wife's maxima 240,000 miles and going strong (my old car) to my son. Gave my old 2000 pathfinder to my other son, so the CX5 replaced the pathfinder. Needed an SUV for Home Depot trips!

Didn't trade anything in, 2000 Nissan Sentra went to my brother, eventually I'll be getting something new to complement the CX-5 so the fiance will be able to drive it full time

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS reason just did not want to keep buying 91 and higher octane every time I filled up. It's nice to get regular now.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited. I have to say, the CX-5 is getting better mileage at 2000 miles than the Sonata did!

2004 Mazda 6s. Wonderful car but, now that we own a home, we need to be able to haul more stuff.

2005 Mazda6. Loved it, but it had an engine issue that would've cost more to fix than the car was worth at this point. Wanted something bigger anyway, so it wasn't totally unplanned.

New Here... just posting because I just traded in my 2005 Mazda 6 Wagon for a 14 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring w/Tech.

The 6 was great but it was time for something different.

I traded in a loaded 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. I was looking for similar utility and was willing to sacrifice the 3rd row of seats to get the extra 10 mpg. So far The CX-5 is beating my expectations for MPG and seems to be just the right size for the people & stuff I haul. I wouldn't want to go any smaller.

New member here. Transferred from the NASIOC subaru club.

Traded in my 06' subaru impreza for my 14' mazda cx5. The subaru wasn't cutting it for storage (especially when the rear seats don't fold down), so I had to upgrade and prepare for future considerations with the wifey.

Previous car:

Current car:

Loving the new cx5, but miss my boxer rumble on my subaru.
Hope to contribute to this new forum by any means needed.

Cheers.

2001 Chevy Blazer w/130,000 miles.

I was tired of the high cost of repairs that seem to happen every year. Horrible gas mileage, 16 mpg if lucky. This was my 2nd vehicle as I also own a 2010 Mustang GT which is primarily my "Garage Queen".

Just picked up my new 2014 CX5 GT couple days ago and traded in 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR

Gas Milage, Practicallity and maintainance cost. Though missed driving that EVO.

Back