What car did you trade in for your CX-5?

Gave up my first gen Scion Xb.

Mainly needed AWD because of move to Colorado. Wanted something fun to drive that looked fun and wasn't too expensive. Went from 105 hp to 155 hp, but lots more weight. After first week, I have to say I enjoy the CX-5. Will upgrade the stereo and add some more sound deadening. Quite a bit of road noise at freeway, just like the Xb.

Welcome and congrats on new CX-5.
btw - I assume your 1st gen Xb was reliable.

I will eventually trade in a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe for either a Liquid Silver or Metro Gray GT w/ Tech pkg.
I'm kind of weary of going from a V6 to the I4, but I like the extra room in the back to haul a bike around. I also think the Accord is on the long side; 191.0 in vs the CX-5's 179.3 in.

2011 Kia Soul+

The Soul was fun, however, it was noisy on the highway. Believe it or not, it didn't get that great of mileage with it's 5 speed manual (28 average, best was 31 highway). I bought the Zeal Red CX-5 Touring with the Tech and Bose Packages.

Accessories include:

Weather Tech Mats
Mazda Rear Cargo Mat
Rear Cargo Cover (Highly recommend this!)
Splash Guards
Hood Protector
Rear Bumper Protector
Moon Roof Wind Shield
Remote Engine Start

Replaced:
DRL - LED's
Fog Lights - LED's
License Plate Lights - LED's
Interior Lights - Red LED's

Waiting For:

Wood Grain Dash

I love this car. This has got to be the most comfortable, well appointed vehicle I have ever owned! Performance is there when needed, but daily driving is smooth, quiet and comfortable.

BTW, I got the full trade-in value on the Soul, they are desperate at the Mazda/Kia dealership for used Souls in great condition.
579366_3744984258369_1089132040_33387410_869035564_n.jpg

VW GTI 2010 with DSG.

Since i had my son it hasn't been a day that i have regret it.

Traded our 2012 Hyundai Veloster for our cx5. Veloster was a dissapointment in a big way.
love the cx5 and looks good beside our mazda 3 gt

Traded in A 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL. The car was a major disapointment including quality control issues(misaligned panels causing paint chipping, interior rattling,roof liner coming loose). Suspension problems which could not be solved,transmission issues, and My Ford touch problems. Car was in the shop 11 times totaling 28 days out of service. Enjoying my cx5 very much and i am glad i made the switch.....

i traded a 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T, it was fully loaded and an awesome sound system! i just couldn't afford it anymore with the fuel economy, almost paying $100 a week just on gas!! I'm in love with my mazda cx-5! its a lot cheaper on gas

2002 Protege5 with 141,000 miles. Didn't trade it in, sold it to carmax for 1,200 more than the trade-in offer. Was a great car and I will miss it but I love the CX5.

2006 Ford F-150 STX.... no one wanted a regular cab and the two buyers had to back out for various reasons. Oh well... still worked out well.

I didn't trade in anything, but the car that's getting replaced is my 2006 Mazda5. For now, I'm keeping it and will burn some miles with both. The 5 has it's issues, but do like driving it a lot. Will take some time to get used to the CX5. Maybe I need some new rims and tires to make it seem as cool as the 5? lol

I traded a 2005 ford escape xlt no boundaries. I was sad to see it go. It was a great vehicle and didn't give me any major problems. But, the new escape has an odd front end and the interior looks too angular and space ship like. I couldn't disregard the rave reviews of the cx-5, drove one and fell in love.

2008 Mazda 3S hatchback GT....loved that car. BUT, with used car prices so good, and the deal I got, along with gas mileage being better and having more room...time for the grownup car. I do miss the sticky tires and sitting on the ground taking corners...but the CX5 is no slouch, I can take just about anything the road throws at me.

I traded in a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 R series diesel 6 speed auto. I liked how the Hyundai went, however did not like the very rattly diesel engine noise and build qualify not as good. The car was definitely of a lower quality to the CX-5. I compare the CX5 quality to that of a Honda, really rather nice and a little bit classy.

My Cx-5 diesel does not have the off-idle step-off of the Sant Fe (the engines are pretty comparable with the SF around 140kw and 430nm of torque vs the CX-5's 30kw and 420Nm of torque) andf on road its a better car for performance.

Owning 2 CX-5's (petrol and diesel models) gives some interesting comparisons. The petrol engine grabs higher gears quicker, and is a far more relaxed cruisier type of car. The diesel on the other hand is a rocket, and feels like it just wants to go. Hills are absolutely demolished without a thought.
Accellerating away from other cars hauling up a big hill sure brings a big smile to your face.

CX-5 could do with a bit more storage inside, a few more little storage spaces would be good, and I've noticed the drivers mirror slight shake at speed but I love this thing to bits, it really makes me feel good to get in and drive it. Here in NZ, its marketed as part of Mazda's "Zoom Zoom" philospohy and I've gotta agree with that.

cheers Dave

Owning 2 CX-5's (petrol and diesel models) gives some interesting comparisons. The petrol engine grabs higher gears quicker, and is a far more relaxed cruisier type of car. The diesel on the other hand is a rocket, and feels like it just wants to go. Hills are absolutely demolished without a thought.
Accellerating away from other cars hauling up a big hill sure brings a big smile to your face.

Thanks for relating this, I keep debating on whether to wait for the diesel (assuming it comes) here in the States or not. Is the diesel signifcantly faster getting up to speed when merging onto the highway, etc.? Or is it's advantage mostly in that it doesn't need to downshift as often, easier when towing or hauling cargo, etc.?

Thanks for relating this, I keep debating on whether to wait for the diesel (assuming it comes) here in the States or not. Is the diesel signifcantly faster getting up to speed when merging onto the highway, etc.? Or is it's advantage mostly in that it doesn't need to downshift as often, easier when towing or hauling cargo, etc.?

Argh, I'm so jealous that everyone else gets the diesel besides us!!!

Anyway, even though I haven't driven one, I can tell you for a fact that it IS significantly faster getting up to speed when merging. It will be night and day because the diesel has double the torque of the petrol (also has about 23 more horses if I'm not mistaken). It will also be an advantage, where it wont downshift, and in hauling cargo. I wish we Americans would get on the diesel train already!

2007 Acura TL. Liked the car, handled ok, rode nice, but wanted better fuel economy and the car just wasn't FUN to drive. Also, the turning radius of the TL sucked! Our CX is on order, but I can already tell its going to be a fun car to own.

I passed my my '08 Jeep Patriot down to my newly 16 year old daughter. I had bought the Patriot for the great mileage and it was a good little vehicle, however, the CX5 is much nicer/plusher than the Jeep and better gas mileage too

Traded in a 2003 Honda Pilot w/ almost 300K KM on it....potential gas savings, along with a broken A/C and 30 degree C temperature were the deciding factors.

Back