what a srt-4 thinks of msp

msppro113

"Dude Dodge couldn't even dream of putting together cars as well as Honda does unless it decides to start building them all in Germany at the Benz factory. For christ sake our cars are built in Mexico. Theres some high end, well paid, trained labor for ya. Get over it Bro the RSX is much better built car than ours and would give you all you could handle on an autocross course or tight road course. Just because our cars are fast doesn't mean you should get all up tight and think there better than another brand. If I could transplant my motor in another brand I'd like to shove it in the Mazdaspeed protege chassis. those are also built great and handle amazing"
:D :D :D :D

Just look at the last part of it, it made my day to hear an srt-4 owner say that, flattering.

well, the guy just might get his wish. The Mazdaspeed 3 is sure to come out, and if it has anything less then 225 horsepower, I'd be really amazed.

btw, wecome to the family.

newf said:
well, the guy just might get his wish. The Mazdaspeed 3 is sure to come out, and if it has anything less then 225 horsepower, I'd be really amazed.

btw, wecome to the family.

Not so sure about that new '3'. So far; the pics I have seen DO NOT impress me. Am I the only one that thinks it looks like a Vibe or Matrix? That's not the look I want in a sedan.

No not the only one! My husband and a bunch of Nissan guys have said the same thing!

Not that big on the 3 . Was driving next to a pretty Blue 6 today, funny while driving next to it . It looked nice, but not so crazy to make me want to run out and spend cash on it ... oh well ..
The SRT-4 is a fast car ... very fast.. shoot to fast for the money it sells for. that car will be the pain in many cars's asses...
Bruce

Well, for all of you drooling over the SRT-4, here are the results from my first auto-X

1 DS #118 Name Removed 2003 Neon SRT4 70.948+dnf 71.568+1 > 71.537
Best Time=71.537

3 DST #269 Joseph Paetzel '03 Mazda MazdaSpeed Protege 74.615 72.072 > 70.936 72.018 72.291+1
Best Time=70.936

The difference between DS class and DST is that DS is for race tires and DST is for Street tires.

That said, that thing would kill in a straight line.:D

Also, it should be noted that it was still wearing its dealer plates and was trailered in. :wtf:

Darin said:
SRT-4s are VERY VERY Fast. Both in handling AND straight line.

(shrug)

:D

The one I tested seemed kinda sluggish in handling. And that really amazed me after the Neon r/t and ACR.

Back