Wet Carpet Passenger Side

Applauso

:
Mazda CX 5 Sport 2WD
The passenger side front carpet is getting wet near to the area where your heal would be. Its quite bad and because of this the inside is really misty in the morning. Anybody elase having this problem?

No, the only time I had moisture there was when a water bottle (which I did not know was there) opened up and started to stink after a few days. Are you having issue with odors because of it?

The passenger side front carpet is getting wet near to the area where your heal would be. Its quite bad and because of this the inside is really misty in the morning. Anybody elase having this problem?
Usually wetness in the passenger carpet area means the heater core is leaking. I would have the dealer check it out.

WET CARPETS UPDATE:::::: Ok So I managed to get my carpets completely dry. Last night it rained and the carpets are wet again. Today I got in the car while my wife sprayed it down with a hose and I couldn't see any water getting in anywhere. I felt all around and couldn't feel any water getting in anywhere but after spraying with hose the carpets were even wetter. No puddles of water but wet to touch. If you press down on the carpet with kitchen roll the roll just absorbs loads of water. At my wits end. It's going to dealers on Monday where no doubt they will hose it down and see nothing. The car is 16 months old and done 70000 miles. what do you think they will do?

I'm not sure about the CX-5, but some cars have a drain below the wipers that gets clogged with leaves and then it causes the rain water to divert into the car. Try opening the hood and checking that area maybe.

Decades ago when I worked in an automotive glass shop, we had an ultrasound transmitter we could place in the car, and then a receiver wand we would pass around the edge of the replaced windshield to help identify leaks. If the dealership can't find the source of the leak, you may want to pursue this path.

Decades ago when I worked in an automotive glass shop, we had an ultrasound transmitter we could place in the car, and then a receiver wand we would pass around the edge of the replaced windshield to help identify leaks. If the dealership can't find the source of the leak, you may want to pursue this path.

Windscreen hasn't been changed.

Windscreen hasn't been changed.

Understood. However, water is leaking in somewhere due to an opening into the car's interior. Whether the leak it is at the edge of the windscreen or through the firewall into the engine compartment should not matter, as far as locating it. The technology I proposed might help someone locate that leak.

The firewall is the wall between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment which is designed to keep a fire in the former from getting into the latter.

The firewall is the wall between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment which is designed to keep a fire in the former from getting into the latter.
Thanks for that. We would call it the bulkhead here over the pond.

Back