Welcome Message

Archel

We all get the "Hello!" message when we start our cars, but can't we change it? There must be a way? Does anyone know?

I wanted to start a thread like this but forgot! I know my brothers scion tc was programmable and want to change mine! good thread

There MUST be a way. Someone had to program the Hello! thing in there, so if that was done, then it must be possible to change it.

No one has been able to do it on any of the new-gen Mazdas (e.g. Mazda6, RX-8, Mazda3).

That "Hello" message was most likely programmed in along with any other functionality of the radio during the manufacture of the radio circuitry and probably does not reside in something changeable like flash memory or anything. If one was skilled enough and so inclined, there might be a way to read all the data from the "ROM", edit the message, and create a new "ROM" chip to replace the current one. The cost and difficulty in doing so wouldn't be worth the bother IMO (especially for something so trivial) unless that person was very bored.

there is no way to change it. your car chooses to say hello (hi)

*seriously* i dont know.....

Wouldnt it be really cool to change it to Welcome (your name here).

that would really feel nice, specially when a chick notices it shotgun.

Archel said:
Wouldnt it be really cool to change it to Welcome (your name here).

that would really feel nice, specially when a chick notices it shotgun.

You watched to many episodes of Knight Rider (doh)

That's not possible. Knight Rider is awesome. We need to find a way to do this.

Just get an aftermarket deck so you can use the installation kit, which includes an extra pocket. Then mount an LED sign into the pocket and program it to say whatever you want! Something like this: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
Even though it says it is 10" wide, the electronics are probably small enough to fit in the pocket (judging by the size of the working part of the sign) so a little custom panel and you're done.

Last edited:
BrianG said:
Just get an aftermarket deck so you can use the installation kit, which includes an extra pocket. Then mount an LED sign into the pocket and program it to say whatever you want! Something like this: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
Even though it says it is 10" wide, the electronics are probably small enough to fit in the pocket (judging by the size of the working part of the sign) so a little custom panel and you're done.

thats a way to do it. But I tought I could do it for free.

Back