weird engine problem

vladjan

:
Mazda3i
Ok so today before work i was in the car with the radio-ipod on(engine of) for 25 mins then i decided to turn the car on but weird thing happened. i turned the key, engine started up, rpm went up, and then engine shuttof right away and a weird sound came of the enigne ( sounded like an air flow or i dont knor)... so i tried again it did the same thing, i kept on doing it but it didnt start.... so like an idiot i thought ohh jsut because i had a radio on the battery died so i got a guy to help me jump start but then headlights and foglights worked before the jump start so the guy told me not to jump start because the battery wasnt the problem. then in about 5 mins i tried again and the engine turned on and then the check engine light went on. in about 20 mins of driving it went away...
so now i cant check the light because it went away and car works fine..
Oh yea i have 93k on the car right now: at 77k i changed the fuel pump and at 89k i changed the intake manifold ( after manifold was replaced, once in a while at idle rpm fluctuates and the car shakes a lil when the rpd goes too low)

Guys, im compltely lost and don't what to do and what the problem is.

Did anyone have that problem or do you guys know what could be the problem?

you can still check the code it will be in the history. just get is scanned soon so its not erased from the memory.

ok i pulled the code its P0638-Throttle actuator control circuit range/performance problem

so wut does that mean??

probably screwed up a plug or some wiring when the i/m was replaced. hopefully thats all it was and your problem is long gone.

yea true, but oh well my extended warranty covers the new part so why not get it lol, especially when there is about 6k left of the warranty

Back