Weapon*R Engine Damper Test Fit.

Thats a good deal. If it sells for $700 then i better start saving. Does someone please have a manifold to send to this guy....

SOSPEED said:
Thats a good deal. If it sells for $700 then i better start saving. Does someone please have a manifold to send to this guy....

already sent him a PM about it :D

btw i need 5% for suggesting the intake mani ;) Seriously though make them, Hondas have like 6 vendors making them, we have none and any boosted protege would benefit.

505zoom said:
Just so you know, it is common around here for there to be a huge INITIAL interest, and then once a part gets made, hardly anybody steps up to buy them. I have seen it happen several times (not every time of course), most recently with the Mental Addiction tubular manifold. Everyone said they wanted it, it got made, and then only 5 people bought one during the initial intro period where it was sold for 750 shipped. Not trying to scare you or anything, just telling you that it would be best to not go make 50 of something just becuase 50 people said they wanted it.:)

Mental Addiction has the flanges for a prototype intake manifold, and they are going to be making one real soon also. Just letting you know that there won't be a monopoly on that part.;)

Looking forward to seeing your damper... I have some plans drawn up for one, but haven't had the time lately to make it up to the shop and get it fabbed up. Good luck with your sales, and get AV status.;)

When your speaking of a 700+ dollar peice you can't expect 50 (hypotheticly) people to show interest and gaurantee to drop the coin. Thats on average half of everyone's rent or mortgage were I live. If leo's products are that good, then the 50 will sell reguardless. It just may take a little while longer.

The mam and corksport downpipes are a success, all unfortunate events aside. On the Mam thread their are still people wanting to purchase the dp's that weren't on the original buy in. Obviosly this piece was competitivly and affordably priced and Beau is known for top notch work. Therefore it drew more people.

I know your trying to look out for other potenal vendors, But you don't want to steer them away either. If Leo has leftovers from a group buy of some kind for a manifold or exhaust and the work and price is exeptional I'd buy it based on the fact that I wouldn't have to wait a month or two for it.

505zoom said:
Just so you know, it is common around here for there to be a huge INITIAL interest, and then once a part gets made, hardly anybody steps up to buy them. I have seen it happen several times (not every time of course), most recently with the Mental Addiction tubular manifold. Everyone said they wanted it, it got made, and then only 5 people bought one during the initial intro period where it was sold for 750 shipped. Not trying to scare you or anything, just telling you that it would be best to not go make 50 of something just becuase 50 people said they wanted it.:)

That maybe true but he also said he would only make them if he got the peolpe upfront. As for the whole manifold thing well that part is only really good for the MSP peolpe the intake manifold could be used on any of the 2.0 engines.

JBreed said:
I concur!

Same here. Im sure they probably have some of the best quality stuff out there, but I don't think I would be able to pay $1000 for a manifold alone, but I guess that price works out when you factor in man power, quality, raw material, HP gains, and some money for the house..

I wish some bigger companies would make some more parts for our cars though. This would probably mean a cheaper price, good quality, and ready to ship shelved items.. hint hint weapon R (thought)

Last edited:
Some stuff I can think of....

NA Race header - OBX is the only one that is out now, and with the header alone they give about 8 whp gains. Im sure if a better quality or a little bit of a better design is made, you might be able to push a little more hp out of the FSDE...

NA or Turbo camshafts - I only think Wagner has NA cams out, I dont know about thier gains or specs. I dont even think they give specs out. I rather know the specs of my cams before I put them in..

Turbo manifold - this can be used for the MSP and regular pros. Good for people who want to either upgrade the MSP or build a custom turbo kit..

Engine Dampner - Needed badly. Wheel hop sucks..

Weapon R secret intake - dont you guys make this already?? are there any dyno gains out??

Intake Manifold - Why not?? Im sure with a good tune NA cars can get moderate gains from this mod!! Im sure turbo cars would get good gains..

I suggest trying to post in other sections also like the NA section or general performance to get more opinions...

Last edited:
wrleo said:
think you can gather up some people who would want to buy some?
I would think to make one out of stainless instead because a titanium one would be about $850.

Titanium is NOT cheap...
But if we can get about 50 people together i think i can buy more titanium in bulk and make them all at once and bring the cost down to about $775.

Lemme know.
Well thats a bit cheeper than whats out there now! So I say lets go I am in!!

Back