Warranty For Air Conditionor , Mazda CX-5, 2013

aman1033

:
Mazda CX-5 Toruning 2013
Hi,
I Bought used Mazda cx 5 2013 Touring, 4 month before, its only 43K KM, My air conditioner smells so bad and it takes time to do cooling in car, but heating system ok ok,
wanna to know , Is my car Air Condition still under warranty (Parts and Labor) ? or I have to pay to fix my air conditioner.

Before you go into expensive air conditioning repairs, take a look at your cabin air filter. It's possible it has never been changed and that could be the source of the foul smell. It's a simple affair as it's located right behind the glove box, drop the glove box down and slide the filter out. My guess is it's black and gross and the source of the bad smell.

Hi Ride92, Thank-you so much for reply , I changed my Cabin Filter Already and still same problem

Hi Ride92, Thank-you so much for reply , I changed my Cabin Filter Already and still same problem

That sucks. It is possible that something is in the vent system, though. I overheard the service dept. at my local dealer saying something about it to another customer, although I only caught a fragment of the conversation.

Hi,
I Bought used Mazda cx 5 2013 Touring, 4 month before, its only 43K KM, My air conditioner smells so bad and it takes time to do cooling in car, but heating system ok ok,
wanna to know , Is my car Air Condition still under warranty (Parts and Labor) ? or I have to pay to fix my air conditioner.

Make sure the A/C drain isn't plugged. You can tell by idling the car with the A/C on. You should see drops of water dripping down. Drain is usually in the front on the passenger side. If the drain is plugged it could be leaking inside the vents or even inside the car causing mildew.

Regarding being covered. What kind of warranty did the dealer give you? Was is a Certified used car? Read the paperwork, it should outline exactly what they will cover for how long.

Note to all -- quit using kilometers when you mean miles (Op excluded), there's a big difference and it get's bigger the larger the number.

Make sure the A/C drain isn't plugged. You can tell by idling the car with the A/C on. You should see drops of water dripping down. Drain is usually in the front on the passenger side. If the drain is plugged it could be leaking inside the vents or even inside the car causing mildew.

Regarding being covered. What kind of warranty did the dealer give you? Was is a Certified used car? Read the paperwork, it should outline exactly what they will cover for how long.

Note to all -- quit using kilometers when you mean miles (Op excluded), there's a big difference and it get's bigger the larger the number.

Who does this and why???

HI Everyone thank-you so much reply, I called Mazda Dealer(LaMazda, Leduc, AB) and they said , My car is still under warranty, Labor and parts are covered under warranty, If any chance if rock break pipe or vent then it will cost me $179 for checking , if they find internal issue then they will cover that cost but rest of things under warranty

Who does this and why???

Nobody in particular but it's become a big problem on other forums where the cars are a little older and the mileage is higher. People have gotten into the happen of just saying vehicle has 109k instead of 109,000 miles. Guess it's shorthand. 109k is only 67,700 miles. Big difference. Can be confusing if it's a global forum.

I'm sure as the time goes by it will start appearing on this forum too.

Yes, its just shorthand.

K = 1,000 (of whatever)
KM = Kilometers.

I'll stick to using shorthand... like my car currently has 11k miles.

(2thumbs)

Nobody in particular but it's become a big problem on other forums where the cars are a little older and the mileage is higher. People have gotten into the happen of just saying vehicle has 109k instead of 109,000 miles. Guess it's shorthand. 109k is only 67,700 miles. Big difference. Can be confusing if it's a global forum.

I'm sure as the time goes by it will start appearing on this forum too.

Because it is global everyone should be using kilometres then....right? Only a handful of countries use miles these days (eek2)

Anyway, my car also had a foul smelling AC upon start, its only 6.8k kilometres old (4.2k miles or so) so I replaced the cabin filter and ran the AC on hot for about 20 minutes to dry the system and kill the bacteria causing the foul smell. Voila, fresh as new again.

K=kilo=thousand
Km=kilometer

Now...glad it's under wardanty, OP, and my stance on warranties seems vindicated once again ;)

Curious what is the cause for the mildew smell... My CX-5 have a strange/weird smell when turning on the fan after using AC from previous stop.

HI Everyone thank-you so much reply, I called Mazda Dealer(LaMazda, Leduc, AB) and they said , My car is still under warranty, Labor and parts are covered under warranty, If any chance if rock break pipe or vent then it will cost me $179 for checking , if they find internal issue then they will cover that cost but rest of things under warranty

I love LA Mazda!!! They sold us the CX-5 and they were just the best dealer in the world to deal with. Anyways, what type of smell are you getting? Is it a stuffy smell, like you're following someone on a gravel road, and breathing is a bit more difficult? I get that in the 2014 CX-5. Replaced cabin filter, a bit better, but hardly any change. I only get it when the A/C is on. Very weird.

Curious what is the cause for the mildew smell... My CX-5 have a strange/weird smell when turning on the fan after using AC from previous stop.
The smell comes from dying bacteria inside the hot and humid AC system. Some cars are more likely to get this issue than others but in the end all cars do this.
What to do? Kill the bacteria.
How? You can empty half a can of Lysol under the dash with the AC on recirculation so the Lysol kills the bacteria inside the system but you will get a vinegary smell for a couple days afterwards. What I prefer to do is to run the heater on full heat, medium speed for about 20 minutes to dry the system inside and heat it up to kill the bacteria. Do this at home so you don't have to suffer from the heat.
What can you do to prevent this? Every few days make an habit of raising the temp or turning the AC compressor OFF and letting the fan ON a couple minutes before you arrive to your destination, just to keep the system free from moisture when the car is parked. Also using the fresh air mode will help with this. After 3-4 days you will notice that the foul smell is almost gone.
Down here the humidity is over 95% on a daily basis and with temps around 95F all year around it gets difficult to keep home and car AC systems dry and free from mildew and bacteria.

HI Everyone,
I am so Sorry for mis communication,
43K km mean 43000 Kilometer
K stands for thousand
KM for kilometer
I am living in Canada so we are using kilometer instead of miles,

I used lysol in my car twice, it fixed my issue for week and smells again and air flow is not fast like before, my AC still doing cooling but take time like 10-15 min, Heating system doing same thing

La Mazda Dealership told that , If they find internal issue with AC or vent will covered my warranty, or if there will phyical damage will cost me $179 only for checking then they will give me quote to fix physical damage

Now my question is that:- why physical damage makes smell in car when i turn on my AC
or how much chances that AC not working because of physical damage? , my AC working but not making cooling like before

HI Everyone,
K stands for thousand
KM for kilometer

I used lysol in my car twice, it fixed my issue for week and smells again and air flow is not fast like before, my AC still doing cooling but take time like 10-15 min, Heating system doing same thing

La Mazda Dealership told that , If they find internal issue with AC or vent will covered my warranty, or if there will phyical damage will cost me $179 only for checking then they will give me quote to fix physical damage

Now my question is that:- why physical damage makes smell in car when i turn on my AC
or how much chances that AC not working because of physical damage? , my AC working but not making cooling like before

No worries... on mileage... aside from US only Liberia and Burma are still hanging onto our old measurement system. :)

HI Everyone,
K stands for thousand
KM for kilometer

Why would they make you pay for something covered under warranty?
A leaking evaporator coil would leak refrigerant and show a vinegary smell and after a couple days cooling would be hindered due to low pressure in the system.

Why would they make you pay for something covered under warranty?
A leaking evaporator coil would leak refrigerant and show a vinegary smell and after a couple days cooling would be hindered due to low pressure in the system.
I do not know, I called two dealer in edmonton, ALBERTA and both said same thing, internal issue would be cover under warranty , no need to pay anything, if any chance physical damage cause this problem then they will charge me $179. Hopefully, It will be internal issue

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back