Want to swap 3" mass air sensor from GM to 91 1.6 DOHC

:
2000 Mazda 626 LX
I know its pretty common to swap a GM MAF sensor on hyundais and mitsubishis and other imports with mass air built into the air box, but curious on a 91 Miata if you can do the same and if anyone has done it. I did this on my 91 Eclipse but it is very common on those with lost of info on the web to do so. if seomone has, could you please email me some specs and wiring diagrams, it would be much appreciated. Looking to make this Mazda an autocrosser

Last edited:
I know its pretty common to swap a GM MAF sensor on hyundais and mitsubishis and other imports with mass air built into the air box, but curious on a 91 Miata if you can do the same and if anyone has done it. I did this on my 91 Eclipse but it is very common on those with lost of info on the web to do so. if seomone has, could you please email me some specs and wiring diagrams, it would be much appreciated. Looking to make this Mazda an autocrosser

Without more info on the GM MAF, I'm going to say this isn't easily doable. The Miata's VAM has as an inverted slope 5-0VDC voltage as opposed to most MAFs that use a 0-5VDC output.

What class do you plan to auto-x? Have you considered MegaSquirt? It removes the VAM and instead use a MAP sensor. The DIY route will only set you back about $200 and give you full tunability of the fuel/spark maps.

the early 80s and early 90s mazdas uses a VAF, just like many other old japanese cars... GM s*** just don't go very well with mazdas unlike other brands

what you *can* try though is an RX-7 VAF... protege people have done this

Back