Want to lower - 18's next season

SP33D

:
Black Mica MSP
I want to lower my car before spring.. and I'm probably getting 18"s in the summer.. so I want to get springs that will work with the 18's also. My pirelli tires on the 18's are going to be smallest possible (35 i think).. so how much of a drop should I get for my MSP? What company makes good springs for that size drop?

eX-r8eD said:
I want to lower my car before spring.. and I'm probably getting 18"s in the summer.. so I want to get springs that will work with the 18's also. My pirelli tires on the 18's are going to be smallest possible (35 i think).. so how much of a drop should I get for my MSP? What company makes good springs for that size drop?

I Dropped with Tien. Yoko Parda-2 and Enki CDR-9

It rubbed a little. If this happens dont get upset. You only have to modify the inner lip of the rear fender/well thing. The fronts were solid from the get go.

Pics...

Attachments

• mazda mp5t - (2).jpg
    mazda mp5t - (2).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 184
im mostly worried about the front rubbing.. like wont hitting a bump around a turn **** your fender up?

eX-r8eD said:
im mostly worried about the front rubbing.. like wont hitting a bump around a turn **** your fender up?

No fender fuckups bro, The springs are much stiffer to stop the car from bouncing bump stops. The 35 series tires are almost the same outer size so your tire isn't any bigger it's just a little wider. No Trouble. 215/35/18 You'll be fine up front. It's the back you have to **** with a little.

Just checked out the Enkei website for Brian MP5T rims...looks like they are 18x7 +40, which looks like it would not match up with Rishie's guide....

Brian, do you think if your rims/tires were 5 mm towards the center of your car you would have still rubbed?

How much did you have to shave off the fender to get your rims/tires to fit?

Thanks!
J.J.

So which ones should I go with? I <3 black with polished lip.
118.jpg

114.jpg

And how does this "offset" thing work?

Last edited:
MP5T - why does that picture look photochopped? a +40mm offset will be so ridiculous with 18s, i also wouldnt suggest it.

i like the lower one. make sure you verify it comes in the proper offset first before you get all attached.

TurboBunny said:
Just checked out the Enkei website for Brian MP5T rims...looks like they are 18x7 +40, which looks like it would not match up with Rishie's guide....

Brian, do you think if your rims/tires were 5 mm towards the center of your car you would have still rubbed?

How much did you have to shave off the fender to get your rims/tires to fit?

Thanks!
J.J.

As it was, they didn't rub until I put a person in the back seat.

5mm should be fine. I would also recomend stiffening for a little bit of body role. As whe weight shifts hard it still rubs a little. I don't know of anyone who dosn't have rubbing issues after they lowered and oversized the rims.

:p

wheels that are the proper offset so they fit in the wheel well correctly will solve all rubbing issues. you can slam the car and have the tucked look even. it's all about following the fitment recipe.

Matthew said:
MP5T - why does that picture look photochopped? a +40mm offset will be so ridiculous with 18s, i also wouldnt suggest it.

I can't drive the car when it's that low. I washed the car then parked it at the top of one of our crappy ski hills and lowered it for the picture.

So if I were to go with the eibach pro kit, and 18 X 7.5 with a 45 offset, do you think it would work?

Back