Vw, Bad?

mygreenmazda said:
correct, well but from what I hear some were shipped from Mexico and some from Germany. Mine says that it was shipped from Germany.
I went to several dealers just for fun and all the tags I've seen on the driver side door say Mexico, and one dealer said all Jetta's except the wagons are made in Brasil and Mexico, the wagon is made in Germany.

none of them are made entirely anywhere..30% in germany 40-50% in mexico, the finaly assembly is in the U.S. I love volkswagen..I almost bought a titanium GLI the other day..then i drove the R32 and realized i couldn't even afford to buy dinner.

Heres a pic.....

Attachments

• vw.jpg
    vw.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 58
SpicyMchaggis said:
none of them are made entirely anywhere..30% in germany 40-50% in mexico, the finaly assembly is in the U.S. I love volkswagen..I almost bought a titanium GLI the other day..then i drove the R32 and realized i couldn't even afford to buy dinner.
I'm not sure where you heard that, but there is no final assembly in the United States. The only Volkswagen plant in North America is in Pueblo, Mexico.

JunkPunch said:
I'm not sure where you heard that, but there is no final assembly in the United States. The only Volkswagen plant in North America is in Pueblo, Mexico.
nope, go to a dealership..look at a few different cars..it says it right on the window sticker the precentages of where the cars were built..I was just at my dealership yesterday driving the R32 and GLI again..

not on the R32, on the GLI. The beetle is like 90% in mexico..The R32 didn't have the percentages listed, i believe its assembled in one place..

SpicyMchaggis said:
I almost bought a titanium GLI the other day..then i drove the R32 and realized i couldn't even afford to buy dinner.
LMFAO. I know it's a really hot car but it would be nice if the limited edition GLI with all the nice looking stuff was available with a VR6.

My wife has a 1.8t Passat with 50,000 miles on it and it was assembled in Germany. It's a piece of junk. The interior looks amazing but, when you drive down the road the whole dash rattles and creakes. It goes in for service probably every other month. It has stranded her 3 times in less than two years. It's had over $2000 in repairs in under two years. It even broke down at the Mazda dealer when she went to look at the Mazdaspeed I ended up buying. Kind of funny because it is VW certified and she called VW to pick it up at the Mazda dealership:) I got a good price on my Speed I think they felt sorry for me.

Yay-Boost said:
My wife has a 1.8t Passat with 50,000 miles on it and it was assembled in Germany. It's a piece of junk. The interior looks amazing but, when you drive down the road the whole dash rattles and creakes. It goes in for service probably every other month. It has stranded her 3 times in less than two years. It's had over $2000 in repairs in under two years. It even broke down at the Mazda dealer when she went to look at the Mazdaspeed I ended up buying. Kind of funny because it is VW certified and she called VW to pick it up at the Mazda dealership:) I got a good price on my Speed I think they felt sorry for me.
These are the kinds of stories I want to hear over here, about some bad vw cars, because it is important for people to know that just because it's german engineered, it doesnt mean it's the best car on the planet.

P.S. Japaneese imports rock

Mikey444 said:
The Touareg is built in the exact same plant that they asemble the porsche cayenne.
No, the Cayenne is built in a brand new Porsche factory in Leipzig, Germany. The Touareg is built in the VW factory in Slovakia.

Back