Volume changing on it's own

bethanybeach5

:
cx5
Has anyone had this issue before where the volume will turn itself up and down on it's own? My car just started doing this yesterday. 2016 grand touring.

Has anyone had this issue before where the volume will turn itself up and down on it's own? My car just started doing this yesterday. 2016 grand touring.

no, that's a first I've heard of that, are you referring to volume changing when you are in the same mode ? ie if you're in radio FM mode and the volume is changing up and down by itself ?

NOW, you do know that the voice command and NAV voice is independent of the radio FM volume right ?

if you hear the NAV voice then when you adjust the volume , it only adjusts the volume of the NAV voice, when it goes back to radio mode, the volume changes to the setting you set when you were in radio mode.

so it's possible when you have loud music on and when NAV is giving directions the volume will go the NAV volume setting, so if it's set to low volume , the volume will go up and down depending on what mode you're in.

The Nav isn't on when this is going on. It will go super high and then super low and did it 3 times today but then we couldn't get it to re-create it tonight.

My BOSE system in my 2014 cx5 increases volume as the vehicle speed increases and visa versa

This was going up and down at the same speed. We weren't going any faster or anything. From what we read on our manual, the 2016 grand touring doesn't adjust sound based on our driving speed

This was going up and down at the same speed. We weren't going any faster or anything. From what we read on our manual, the 2016 grand touring doesn't adjust sound based on our driving speed

I would think you have Audio Pilot, according to manual is...
"When driving, background noise can interfere with enjoying music. AudioPilot noise compensation technology continuously adjusts the music to compensate for background noise and
vehicle speed. It reacts only to sustained noise sources and not intermittent ones, such as speed bumps. An enhanced DSP algorithm allows faster and more effective compensation for unusual situations, such as driving on a very rough road or at high speeds."

I know our Touring has ALC (automatic volume control) based on speed...

"When driving, background noise can interfere with enjoying music. AudioPilot noise compensation technology continuously adjusts the music to compensate for background noise and
vehicle speed. It reacts only to sustained noise sources and not intermittent ones, such as speed bumps. An enhanced DSP algorithm allows faster and more effective compensation for unusual situations, such as driving on a very rough road or at high speeds."

i just went into the sound system and this was not checked nothing was checked actually...so it seems like along the way the dealership did something when replacing a part.... I've had the car for 6 months and it never did this before.

Between all of your different problems in the few threads you created it sure sounds like a good idea to replace the infotainment head unit.

Same on our 2015. It was so annoying that I finally went into the setup and disabled it.

Back