Virginia Tech. Thread

jaymode said:
Bringing up an old thread but I am at tech. I drive a titanium 03.5 MSP that has steelies right now. Putting the summers on at the end of the week.
Wow, I haven't seen this thread in a while. I might have seen your car last weekend. I noticed a Titanium MSP parked on the drillfield - had at least some exhaust work done. If it was you I saw you and some friends getting in it Saturday or Sunday night (I can't remember). I would have said something but I was in my g/f's conspicuous LX - so it probably would have been a little weird since there's so many of those up here. Now if I was in my P5...

I missed this thread. I'm at tech, but no longer with an MSP. yellerandahalf is up here too, but his MSP went kaboom at VIR a couple weeks ago :(. He's driving a 3rd gen rx-7 in the mean time so life isn't so bad.

I'm down for a meet whenever. I think Matt (yellerandahalf) has been to some of the autox's around here. I don't really autox but I go to the track (road course) a fair amount.

~brian

brianmcd said:
I missed this thread. I'm at tech, but no longer with an MSP. yellerandahalf is up here too, but his MSP went kaboom at VIR a couple weeks ago :(. He's driving a 3rd gen rx-7 in the mean time so life isn't so bad.

I'm down for a meet whenever. I think Matt (yellerandahalf) has been to some of the autox's around here. I don't really autox but I go to the track (road course) a fair amount.

~brian
Yeah I think you mentioned that once before. Not a lot is going on in the ways of autox I don't think. I haven't done that yet - I'm waiting until I get a little more done with my car...

Anyhow, to anyone who's interested the spring car show is in two weeks I think. Feel free to show off your car or just come and look around. I'm probably going to be there although my car is nothing really to show off.

On another note, I saw a silver P5 in the cage yesterday with what looked like the Mazdaspeed axle-back on it. I couldn't tell if any other work has been done, but I wonder if this person is on the forums.

i took my final on 11/30, hurray northern VA campus distance learning program (first)

that said, it may be interesting to actually visit Blacksburg, since i'm technically a Hokie and all, anyone care to give this old grad student a tour of the campus? lol

Oh man am I glad this semester is finally over. It's been fun and all but wow, this semester kicked my ass as far as work goes...
ZoomZoomH said:
i took my final on 11/30, hurray northern VA campus distance learning program (first)

that said, it may be interesting to actually visit Blacksburg, since i'm technically a Hokie and all, anyone care to give this old grad student a tour of the campus? lol
I'd be willing to. Just send me a PM or whatever whenever you decide to swing by - although I'm not going to be back up there until the middle of Jan.

Yeah, this semester was a b**** for me, too. So glad to have Physics 2306 behind me, and somehow I pulled out a B.

Hank, I'll definitely show you around if you're in Blacksburg. I won't be back until mid January as well, but just send me a PM and I'll let you know if I'll be around.

I'm coming back to VT in the spring, can't wait to get back to blacksburg. I spent this past semester working a co-op in Raleigh. I think a few of you all are on the ccvt boards as well. Anyone going to the peach bowl??

AlienInv8r said:
I'm coming back to VT in the spring, can't wait to get back to blacksburg. I spent this past semester working a co-op in Raleigh. I think a few of you all are on the ccvt boards as well. Anyone going to the peach bowl??
Yeah I'm there as MP5 - I don't post much at all because nothing ever really goes on anymore, it's kind of sad actually. I would have gone but I had something to do that first morning the tickets were being sold and I heard they went quickly. I guesss I'll just have to stick with watching the game from home or going to a bar...

Yeah, I was trying to go as well. But between moving and the holidays, it just didnt line up well enough. I'll definitely be having a few beers and watching the game though, should be a good match up. We stepped it up the 2nd half of the season, and UGa finished strong as well, should make for a good game but I think we have the edge (rockon)

CCVT seems to come and go. I've been a fairly active member for about 4 years now. They used to have a ton of fun and everyone was nice and friendly; the past 2 years or so there has been a lot of trash talking and cliques forming parity within the club, but there are still a lot of good people in the club.

I'll have the msp there in the spring, I've heard there are only a handful of them, so I should stick out a bit if you ever see me.

AlienInv8r said:
Yeah, I was trying to go as well. But between moving and the holidays, it just didnt line up well enough. I'll definitely be having a few beers and watching the game though, should be a good match up. We stepped it up the 2nd half of the season, and UGa finished strong as well, should make for a good game but I think we have the edge (rockon)

CCVT seems to come and go. I've been a fairly active member for about 4 years now. They used to have a ton of fun and everyone was nice and friendly; the past 2 years or so there has been a lot of trash talking and cliques forming parity within the club, but there are still a lot of good people in the club.

I'll have the msp there in the spring, I've heard there are only a handful of them, so I should stick out a bit if you ever see me.
Cool, at least there will be another Mazda other than the RX's. Yeah I would really like to be more active but the only things they seem to really be into are the autox's but because I'm not registered with the SCCA nor is my ca prepped for that I can't do anything with that. Unfortunately more classwork prevents me from doing a lot too. Man engineering sucks... but yeah at this rate I just hope we have a spring car show. Also, hopefully by that time I will be boosted so at last I'll have something to show off.

magnumP5 said:
but because I'm not registered with the SCCA nor is my ca prepped for that I can't do anything with that.

Actually, you normally don't need to be registered with the SCCA, nor do you need a prepped car. There's plenty of people autocrossing bone stock p5's. You should try autoxing sometime, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

i autox in the blue ridge region which is your neck of the woods kinda. i see plenty of ccvt guys at almost every event. seems like most of the events are just going to be in verona and danville this year. you can take a perfectly stock car and autox it all you want, just register when you get there or in advance to save you 2 bucks. check out this website www.brr-scca.org i goto school in newport news so im not too sure on how many autox's ill be attending this upcoming season. i placed 2nd in DSP for last season :)

Heh, thanks for all the advice but I'm not exactly stock anymore so I have no idea what class I would be runnining in - and I would like to be somewhat competitive. All I know is that after I get my kit in I would end up in SM would at my current state would be a disaster as I have mostly power-adding mods whereas very few handling/stability mods. Either way, hopefully the CCVT will be a bit more active in the spring...

ooohyea if i ran a bov id be put in SM. so i take a screw n plug the vac line to my hks ssqv everytime i run. keeps me in DSP. might be getting a piggyback ems this year tho so thatll prolly bump me into the inevitable anyways.

Back