Virginia Tech. Thread

magnumP5

:
'86 RX-7 Base, '79 RX-7 GS
I'm starting this because I've seen quite a few Protege's around (at least 2 MSP's, 1 MP3 I think, many sedans, and a decent number of MP5's as well). So yeah, anyone from VT (students and/or alumna) feel free to speak up because the Hokies are just plain awesome and maybe we could arrange a meet sometime. There's a car club up here and I'd definitely like to see some more Mazda's there! Alright, so where are all the Hokies at?!

not a lot of the southern VA people are on these boards.. There is a pretty big group of us up here in the MD/DC/NoVA region though.. :D

Lisakay said:
not a lot of the southern VA people are on these boards.. There is a pretty big group of us up here in the MD/DC/NoVA region though.. :D
Yeah I figured that but I've seen a decent amount of Proteges around campus and I know at least one person with a MSP is on these forums. I guess I just assumed since there are so many people here (VT) that there would have to be some people on these forums. I personally am from Virginia Beach and am up here for school.

mp3moose said:
Brianmcd goes to tech.

Yeah I noticed that and he's the one who actually made me think about making this thread... I just hoped there'd be some other people because there are so many 3rd gen. Proteges up here (my g/f included, but she's one of those few people who are "content" with a stick car, I don't get them)...

540James said:
hokies suck, thx
...thank you for verfiying that idiots do in fact exist...

Seriously though, I don't care what you think of my school. I just wanted to start a thread so if anyone was here we could and/or discuss stuff relative to VT.

or "stuff" relative to the vehicles that we drive...because i thought that is why these forums are here in the first place eh? i think i speak for a lot of people from virginia when i say that i don't feel like hearing about the "hokies" or "va tech" when im on a forums site about mazda's...if i wanted to, i would go to the schools website. okey dokey budddd?

I live at the beach and though I see lots of MSP MP3 and MP5 I never see them on here. I wish there was. It would be nice to have a group besides the "Golf" club to hang out with.

540James said:
or "stuff" relative to the vehicles that we drive...because i thought that is why these forums are here in the first place eh? i think i speak for a lot of people from virginia when i say that i don't feel like hearing about the "hokies" or "va tech" when im on a forums site about mazda's...if i wanted to, i would go to the schools website. okey dokey budddd?

GO HOKIES.

Dem turkey legs are good as s***.......plus you can throw your bones at any person from the oppossing team in the student section when your done.

Hokie Alumni.

540James said:
Yeah, that's really what I meant because I know there are a lot of Mazdas up there, sorry for any confusion.

cdrpyro said:
I live at the beach and though I see lots of MSP MP3 and MP5 I never see them on here. I wish there was. It would be nice to have a group besides the "Golf" club to hang out with.
Yeah I'm actually from the Beach too and that's something I would like to see as well.

DSM2MSP said:
GO HOKIES.

Dem turkey legs are good as s***.......plus you can throw your bones at any person from the oppossing team in the student section when your done.

Hokie Alumni.
Hell yes man! What class were you? I think it'd be pretty cool if we could get enough people together from this forum so at like a football game when all the alumni come back we can get everyone together and tailgate or something (with our Proteges of course (thumb) ).

magnumP5 said:
Yeah, that's really what I meant because I know there are a lot of Mazdas up there, sorry for any confusion.

Yeah I'm actually from the Beach too and that's something I would like to see as well.

Hell yes man! What class were you? I think it'd be pretty cool if we could get enough people together from this forum so at like a football game when all the alumni come back we can get everyone together and tailgate or something (with our Proteges of course (thumb) ).

My younger brother is going there now, he bought acc championship tickets a few weeks after season started..........and now thanks to GT, we are back in it after being kicked out by the Canes.

I dont goto tech now but hopefully will next year, and if you guys have any kinda meet, could i join in? As far as i know im the only MSP in Charlottesville and i been tryna figure out a way to meet up with other mazda owners. Besides, around here all the MP5 owners seem to be old ladies and i cant catch up with the only MP3 in town. I see alotta CCVT people at the brr chapter autox's but only seen an orange MSP and blue MP5 so itd be cool if we all got together and came out strong at one of the events......just an idea

MSP608 said:
I dont goto tech now but hopefully will next year, and if you guys have any kinda meet, could i join in? As far as i know im the only MSP in Charlottesville and i been tryna figure out a way to meet up with other mazda owners. Besides, around here all the MP5 owners seem to be old ladies and i cant catch up with the only MP3 in town. I see alotta CCVT people at the brr chapter autox's but only seen an orange MSP and blue MP5 so itd be cool if we all got together and came out strong at one of the events......just an idea
Yeah I'm actually in the CCVT but this is my first year so I haven't had any chances to get to any autox's yet. I think there is only one other Mazda in the club and that's a Miata so it would always be nice to have more Protege's. There are a couple of MSP's up here, though I've only talked to one of the guys who owns them. I have one of about five or six Protege5's but I think I'm the only person doing any work to it. Either way, we need more 3rd Gen.'s here!

i used to go tech, but now working in northern va and living in centreville.

ahh.. i miss those car shows in parking lot during the summer...

zinx said:
i used to go tech, but now working in northern va and living in centreville.

ahh.. i miss those car shows in parking lot during the summer...
Haha yeah, those are a lot of fun. Unfortunately I haven't yet entered my P5 because it's still way too stock to do any car show justice. I'm hoping for the spring though. I like the turnout, and how not just current students, but alumni and the townies participate as well.

I'll be back up at tech this summer then full time in the fall...I don't have a protege but I'd be more than happy to meet up with you all and my mx6 ;)

Bringing up an old thread but I am at tech. I drive a titanium 03.5 MSP that has steelies right now. Putting the summers on at the end of the week.

Back