VICS delete

mapa19

:
'91 Miata BRG, '95 MX-6 LS, '02 Mazdaspeed5, '04 Mazda3 S-w
VTCS delete

Has anyone done this? it was a regular mod for the ptg family, and now that i got a mzd3, i wanna see if that's also an option here. suggestions?
i meant VTCS. IDK why it posted as vIcs. lol
And i meant it from a meachanical stand-point. on the FS the intake mani's made of aluminum, on these made out of plastic, how would i be able to seal the holes?

Last edited:
mazda3 engines have VICS? i thought they only had VTCS? i would think you would be able to remove the VTCS without much issue, apart from cold start roughness.

i meant VTCS. IDK why it posted as vIcs. lol

I deleted it in my 2.3 Mazda6 years ago. The only negative effect i had is i was running a throttle controller, and the ECU uses the VTCS to help control cold idle. So i had to sell off the throttle controller. It also gave me a higher cold idle even in the summer when first started.

Low end and normal driving dont really notice any gain from it. Top end runs is the only place i can notice a difference. I left the Solenoid in place so the ECU still thinks everything is there. I just removed the rod that connects to the Solenoid, and holds the flappers. I didnt bother plugging the holes between each runner as i didnt think they would really make much of a difference. And the solenoid caps off the end so theres no leak there.

Back