Vibrations at highway speed

Nextruss

:
2003.5 MSP (Titanium)
Had my diff, clutch and flywheel replaced a few weeks ago. Since that day i have more vibrations through the steering wheel, especially at highway speeds (60-80mph). Also, When i let off the throttle i hear a spinning sound that slowly slows down when in neutral and speeds up with higher speeds. could be the transmission or axles? seems to go away under acceleration and when the clutch is disengaged. thanks!

have you had your tires balanced? that seems to be the most obvious cause

my steering wheel vibrates like a mofo at high speeds. tires need to be balanced

If it goes away when you're on the clutch, then I think that rules out a bad throwout bearing. Is your car an MSP... the sig pic shows an RX-8. If it's an MSP, then did you or your shop roll the car on the wheels at all with the axles out? If so, the wheel bearings would be screwed, and can cause that noise. It happened to me, and took me forever to figure out.

That spinning when you let go of the clutch or put in neutral or in gear i think its your fly wheel i could be wrong some one on this forum for sure know what it is.

You definitely need alignment because you're tires are cambered funny. Even after your alignment you will probably still have a little problem only because you tires have been warring out funny because of the camber. If you run your hand on your tires you definitely can feel the deformity. The inner tread could be more worn out than the outter tread or vis versa. So a alignment and new tires will fix everything for sure... If you don't want new tires maybe your can rotate the tires....

Back