USB is grayed out

:
CX5
Hi
I am trying to get the UBS (in the center console) to be recognized by the car stereo.

I plug the USB in, turn on audio and FM1, AM, CD and Bluetooth are available. USB and AUX are grayed out.

Any idea of how to use the USB?

thanks

Mil

CX5 mazda.jpg

Hi
I am trying to get the UBS (in the center console) to be recognized by the car stereo.

I plug the USB in, turn on audio and FM1, AM, CD and Bluetooth are available. USB and AUX are grayed out.

Any idea of how to use the USB?

thanks

Mil

CX5View attachment 215018

what format is the USB ? doesn't the USB have to be formatted to FAT32 format, I don't think NTFS works, I'm not sure.... re-format as FAT32 and give it a try

thanks .. but no ....

what format is the USB ? doesn't the USB have to be formatted to FAT32 format, I don't think NTFS works, I'm not sure.... re-format as FAT32 and give it a try

Thanks, tomcat1446
I changed the file format on the USB and tried again .. same results
of note, I could not change to fat32 - only option was exfat .. but google says ... 'exFAT is a modern replacement for FAT32, and more devices support it than do NTFS '

Hi
The player supports only FAT16 and FAT32, not NTFS and exFAT. File types supported MP3, WMA and AAC up to 320 kbps.

Thanks, tomcat1446
I changed the file format on the USB and tried again .. same results
of note, I could not change to fat32 - only option was exfat .. but google says ... 'exFAT is a modern replacement for FAT32, and more devices support it than do NTFS '

I'm guessing this is a rather large USB stick. Try the tool fat32format

turns out, yes .. I randomly pulled out a 64GB stick .. now using 8 .. formatted for fat32
WORKS .. thank you all!
you have saved me a call to Mazda customer service which is quite a horrible fate :)

when I google fat32format I get a number of results .. is there a good tool for fat32format you have used?
M

It won't work on partitions larger than 32 gb. NTFS and exFat are the only two available options when using the system tool.

I know, but why should he, since the largest partition to use in the car is 32GB and the player just supports FAT16 and FAT32?

I know, but why should he, since the largest partition to use in the car is 32GB and the player just supports FAT16 and FAT32?

I'm using a 64GB flash drive with ~ 40 GB of music on it. It's working fine in my 16.5 CX-5 GT w/ tech.

I've got a 64 GB flash drive (Silicon Power brand) that came formatted FAT32, so it's possible to do, just not with standard Windows software.

Guiformat is one of these utilities to use. I've tried it on a 64GB and 128GB flash drive. They works fine on all my pc's and the mediaplayer, but not in the car (2014). The player tries to read it, but after around 4 minutes it stops and says unable to read.

Back