under dash wiring

NBBacon

:
'03 Orange MSP
i dont' suppose anyone has a pic of the underneath of their dash, driver's side? or perhaps a schematic of the under-dash wiring for an 03 speed? I'm trying to chase figure out what's going on under there. i've had key fobs since i bough the car that NEVER worked, and my car has, well, issues. the horn randomly honks, the lights flash sometimes when i pull the parking brake. there seems to be some "less than factory" looking wiring under there. i'd like to know what it should look like, then compare mine. oh yeah, and every now and then, the car will honk three or four times, flash the lights three or four times, cycle the door locks about 4 or 5 times, ending in the locked position. and then there are the times the parking lights just won't turn off. i have to unhook the battery whenever that happens. ugh. i really liked this car when i saw it on the lot!

i have two boxes under the dash-a black one that says "MAZDA security systems, and another yellow box about the same size which has a bunch of wires coming out of it, four of which are cut off at the connector.

any info would be great!

nobody? ok, no pics. does anybody know anything about the yellow box under there? anybody else have the same thing?

I am also wanting to see this. Im not very good with all this wirng stuff. Im alright. I am looking for a good source to tap into for power. I am hardwiring a radar detector.

I have a wiring diagram w/ pics lying around somewhere I'll see if I can find it for you. The yellow box is the primary lock relay which controls a large amount of things but includes signals from the keyfob reciever (which is in the rear deck...don't know why though) and the alarm as well as the door lock switches

I just posted on this today. I am on my 3rd alarm. I am going to bypass it.

heres the diagrams, used em when taking my alarm out.
it stunk, liked to go off randomly and leave my lights on,
aftermarket is the way to go.

note that the keyless WILL still work after the alarm is out, that was
one of my original concerns.

Attachments

• security.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
Back